Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
12528 Discussions

USB-C dock displays not functioning after BIOS update KCTGL357.0043.2022.1021.2047

Jdenotter
Beginner

After updating to the latest BIOS yesterday, version KCTGL357.0043.2022.1021.2047, my USB-C dock monitors are no longer working and give a error: "Display Connection might be Limited".  I tried to downgrade to both the 0042 and 0040 versions, but neither helped.  This is the only update that was done between the monitors working and not working.  The USB devices connected to the dock are functioning, but not the HDMI monitors.  I tested the dock in another laptop with a compatible port, and it work perfectly.

Is this a known issue or are there other configuration parameters that need to be changed to get this back working?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel

Jdenotter, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to your question, yes, there might be parameters/settings that need to be changed in order to try to fix this problem.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the complete model of your Intel® NUC?

When did you purchase it?

What is the model of the monitors?

Are you using adapters or converters to connect the monitors to the USB-C dock?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91...

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Jdenotter
Beginner

Here are the answers to your questions:

What is the complete model of your Intel® NUC?   System Model: LAPKC71F

When did you purchase it? Approximately 6 months ago

What is the model of the monitors? I have 2 HP 24F monitors

Are you using adapters or converters to connect the monitors to the USB-C dock? They are connected directly into the dock by HDMI.

Which Windows* version are you using? Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Home(10.0.22621 Build 22621)

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment? Home

I submitted a support ticket through the SupportTickets portal under ticket number 05696138.

Alberto_R_Intel

Hello Jdenotter, Thank you very much for sharing that information.

Perfect, please keep checking your ticket number 05696138 since we will provide all the updates and a possible solution on this matter in there.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician