cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IBarg1
Beginner

USB Type C Power Delivery Controller Install Issues

Jump to solution

I've been unable to update the USB Type C Power Deliver Controller Driver with latest version. Unfortunately, the install is failing. I went to check on the device via device manager and found the device to be in STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE with its status reporting a Code 10. I've tried uninstalling the device and deleting its driver followed by a shutdown and power up. Unfortunately, the problem persists.

The below is what is being reported in the General Tab

TI USB Type-C/Power Delivery Controller

Device type: System devices

Manufacturer: Texas Instruments

Device status

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE

Any idea what may be causing this problem? I suspect a conflict, but I'm not sure.

Equipment: NUC8i7HVK

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

I had this issue with my HV as well. Updating to BIOS 37 and installing all of the latest drivers fixed this issue. Do yourself a favor: forget IDSA for a while and manually download and install all of the latest BIOS, software and driver packages available in the HV download page (here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/126143/Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC8i7HVK Downloads for Intel® NUC Kit NUC8i7HVK).

Hope this helps,

...S

View solution in original post

2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

I had this issue with my HV as well. Updating to BIOS 37 and installing all of the latest drivers fixed this issue. Do yourself a favor: forget IDSA for a while and manually download and install all of the latest BIOS, software and driver packages available in the HV download page (here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/126143/Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC8i7HVK Downloads for Intel® NUC Kit NUC8i7HVK).

Hope this helps,

...S

View solution in original post

IBarg1
Beginner

Scott,

Worked like a champ! Thanks a bunch!