cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DHsie3
Beginner

USB blu ray player is not recognized by NUC6i7kyk

Hi,

I bought a external USB ASUS SBW-06D2X Blu ray in several month ago.

At beginning, my NUC can detect blu ray device and show it in File manager after plug-in it.

However, after several updates (BIOS, software, ...), once day I tried to plug it in to my NUC, my NUC can't find it.

I mean, Blu ray device doesn't appear in file manager and there is no yellow bang device in device manager.

Then I tried to connect Blu ray device to another PC, another PC can recognize it and see it in File manager. So I think Blu ray device itself is fine.

I also checked that USB port is okay on my NUC because USB flash disk can be recognized on the same port.

Do you have any idea why USB blu ray player is not recognized now?

Thanks in advanced.

-- Damon Hsieh

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello DamonHsieh

Thank you for joining the community.

I see that you are having problems with the system to recognize the external USB ASUS SBW-06D2X-U, allow me to help you with this investigation.

Could you provide me with BIOS version that you had on your system when the external unit was recognized?

Could you let me know what BIOS version have you tested with the unit?

I would like to gather more information about the configuration you have on the computer. Please attach to this thread the TXT file the Intel® System Support Utility will generate: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Steps to save the report:
  1. Run the utility.
  2. Click on "Scan" to get the scanned system.
  3. Once the scan is complete click on "next".
  4. Use the "save" option, save the report to your desktop.
  5. To attach a file, you must click the "Attach" option on the bottom right-hand corner of the response box.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

DHsie3
Beginner

Hi Leonardo,

Thanks for your reply.

For your questions:

1) Could you provide me with BIOS version that you had on your system when the external unit was recognized?

Sorry, I can't remember that.

2) Could you let me know what BIOS version have you tested with the unit?

I only know the current BIOS version which should be mentioned in attached file.

idata
Community Manager

Hello DamonHsieh

Thank you for your response

I would like to verify if the USB device has any lights when it is connected to the NUC?

Could you try to set the default BIOS settings with F9? if have a RAID build once you complete the default BIOS settings, go again into BIOS and set the SATA mode in RAID before going into the OS.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

DHsie3
Beginner

Hi Leonardo,

Yes, the light of Blu ray machine in ON. And press eject button is also fine.

I tried to press F9 in BIOS to load default but it didn't work.

Damon Hsieh

idata
Community Manager

Hello DamonHsieh

Thank you for your response.

Could you let me know when the last time was he was able to use the unit successfully?

How many BIOS updates he has performed to the NUC? If you remember.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

idata
Community Manager

Hello DamonHsieh

I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

DHsie3
Beginner

Hi Leonardo,

Sorry for late reply.

I think it may be 2 or 3 month ago when I saw it works.

Regarding to the BIOS update, maybe it's one or two time(s).

Best regards,

Damon Hsieh

DHsie3
Beginner

Hi Leonardo,

I just found a similar issue on Internet.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-hardware/optic-drive-no-longer-recogniz... Optic Drive No Longer Recognized in Windows 8.1 - Microsoft Community

I found "initio default controller" in Device Manager and then updated driver and selected device as "mass storage device".

Now my blu ray device comes back.

Anyway, thanks for your help to check this.

Best regards,

Damon