cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

USB yellow port charging in S4 / S5 not charging

Jump to solution

Hi Gents, looking for some help from NUC users. I bought NUC 7i5BNH and everything works just fine except yellow USB port "charging" features on the front (USB HDD / Flash data transfer work ok). BIOS charging mode S3/S4/S5 is on (see bios screen) however when I power off or Hibernate from Windows my phone stop charging while in sleep mode (S3) charging does work. When I shutdown charging stops right after LED ring on front panel turned off, charging started back right after led ring goes on.

Is there some windows related settings ? Does anybody have some troubleshooting steps to detect where the problem is ? No helpful answer on uncle google for NUC and S4 S5 power issue.

Thank you,

Rasto

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

Within the BIOS, you also need to enable USB S4/S5 Power. This parameter is in the Power scene amongst the Secondary Power Settings.

Hope this helps,

...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Within the BIOS, you also need to enable USB S4/S5 Power. This parameter is in the Power scene amongst the Secondary Power Settings.

Hope this helps,

...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thank you sir, this settings was really hidden, just became visible once I disabled Deep S4/S5 in the same list.

Much appreciated,

Rastislav

0 Kudos
Highlighted

When navigating in the Visual BIOS configuration scenes, you need to watch for scroll bars appearing on the right-hand side of windows. This is your indication that there are more parameters than can be displayed in the available window space and that you need to scroll the window down in order to see these other parameters. This works the same way that it does on Windows.

...S

0 Kudos