Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Unable to install Thunderbolt bus driver 172.2.71.250 for Intel NUC-Kit NUC7i5BN and NUC7i7BN

Jump to solution

Intel driver and support assistant shows me that i have installed version 17.2.71.2 and the newer version is 17.2.71.250. Well, after downloading the update (TBT_WIN10_64_17.2.71.250), installing it and rebooting the box the driver and support assistant is still showing me that i have installed Version 17.2.71.2 and an update is available. I have installed Version 3.2.0.9 of the Intel driver and support assistant.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Thank you very much for contacting the Intel® Communities Team, Agustav.

Please follow these steps to install the Thunderbolt™ drivers:
  1. Download the latest Thunderbolt™ drivers for your NUCs by clicking https://downloadmirror.intel.com/26486/eng/TBT_WIN10_64_17.2.71.250.zip here.
  2. Unzip the file
  3. Run the setup file and complete the steps required to complete the installation.
  4. Click finish and restart the NUC.
Once these steps are completed please look for "Thunderbolt™ Software" on the Windows 10* search bar and click on it, this should make the Thunderbolt™ icon appear on the tray icon section, right-click on it and then click "About". You should be able to see in the "Software package version: 17.2.71.250", if you can see this then the drivers were correctly installed.

If after these steps the Intel® Driver & Support Assistance still shows the incorrect drivers version, please let us know.

Antony S.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
17 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Thank you very much for contacting the Intel® Communities Team, Agustav.

Please follow these steps to install the Thunderbolt™ drivers:
  1. Download the latest Thunderbolt™ drivers for your NUCs by clicking https://downloadmirror.intel.com/26486/eng/TBT_WIN10_64_17.2.71.250.zip here.
  2. Unzip the file
  3. Run the setup file and complete the steps required to complete the installation.
  4. Click finish and restart the NUC.
Once these steps are completed please look for "Thunderbolt™ Software" on the Windows 10* search bar and click on it, this should make the Thunderbolt™ icon appear on the tray icon section, right-click on it and then click "About". You should be able to see in the "Software package version: 17.2.71.250", if you can see this then the drivers were correctly installed.

If after these steps the Intel® Driver & Support Assistance still shows the incorrect drivers version, please let us know.

Antony S.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thank you Antony S., i have installed version 17.2.71.250, but the Intel® Driver & Support Assistance still shows the incorrect drivers version as depicted above.

I have connected GeForce GTX 1080 https://www.gigabyte.com/de/Graphics-Card/GV-N1080G1-GAMING-8GD# kf GeForce® GTX 1080 G1 Gaming 8G | Grafikkarten - GIGABYTE Germany

BTW: I am as well unable to install Intel Management Engine 11.8.50.3460

Please take a look here:

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Thank you very much for your reply and the information provided, Agustav.

You already have the latest Thunderbolt™ drivers installed. This should be a bug in the Intel® Drivers & Support Assistant. I would like to notify this issue to a higher level of support, for me to do so, please share with me the log files of the Intel® DSA. You can find this file on C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA. To attach a file, you must click the "Attach" option on the bottom right-hand corner of the response box.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello, Agustav.

I would like to know if you still need assistance regarding your issue? If so, please provide us with the log files of your Intel® DSA.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thank you, at the moment everything works fine but i am still waiting for an updated driver support assistant https://www.intel.com/content/www/de/de/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html https://www.intel.com/content/www/de/de/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html because it still shows me incorrect Information about installed Thunderbolt Bus Driver.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

> You can find this file on C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA.

I don't have C:\ProgramData\ on my NUC.

Please provide the correct path.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

If you have Windows 7 or later installed, then you most certainly *do* have this folder. It is a hidden folder and you will not see it unless you either force File Explorer to go there or you change the configuration of File Explorer to show hidden files, folders and drives.

• To force File Explorer to go there, right-click on the Windows Start Button and then click on Run. Enter "C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA" as the command. It should open File Explorer and show you this folder.
  • To configure File Explorer to always show hidden files, folders and devices, open File Explorer, click on the File entry in the menu and then click on Change folder and search options. In the resulting dialog, click on the View tab and, in the Advanced Settings section, below the Hidden files and folders entry, click on the radio button for Show hidden files, folders and drives. Click on the Apply button below and then click on the Apply to Folder button in the Folder Views section.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello, Agustav.

I would like to know if the steps provided by N. Scott Pearson worked for you.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thanks N.Scott.Pearson, here are the log files: https://goo.gl/aXY3Lb

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

They're not for me; they're for Intel.

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello, Agustav.

Allow me to escalate this issue to a different level of support, once I have an update I will let you know.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello, Agustav.

We have checked the log files provided recently nevertheless, it seems that they were not complete. Please re-install the IDSA, scan your system and share with us the log files.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Meanwhile i have installed IDSA 3.3, but unfortunately i can't see an improvement. Still displaying version 17.2.71.2 instead of 17.2.71.250.

Here are the logs: https://goo.gl/sTNh7A

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Thank you very much for the log files, Agustav. I will be back to you soon.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Meanwhile i have updated to WIndows 10 Version 1803 Build 17134.48 and IDSA 3.3.1, but no improvement.

Still displaying version 17.2.71.2 instead of 17.2.71.250.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello, Agustav.

I would like to know if you are still experiencing this issue with the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant?

Antony S.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

No, the Thunderbolt-Bus-Driver has disappeared of the IDSA, but i still have Thunderbolt driver 17.2.71.250 installed

:-(

0 Kudos