cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DVill9
Beginner

Unable to install Windows 10 on NUC7I7BNH from USB

Hi,

I was trying to install Windows 10 PRO, from an USB to my M.2 hard disk and I get an error during in the collecting information phase:

A media drive your computer needs is missing

Windows 10 ISO was downloaded from official site in Microsoft and burned to USB with Rufus program

I tried the following:

1. Changing to another USB port. Preferably from a USB 3.0 port to a 2.0 port or vice versa.

2. Install Intel Rapid Storage technology User Interface and Driver during the installation process:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/down...

Screen Shots attached.

Please Help

0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

In order to support M.2 NVMe SSDs, you must use UEFI. When you create your media, you must choose to use the GPT file system. Similarly, when you install Windows, the SSD must be using the GPT file system. I usually delete all partitions on the drive (allowing Windows installer to overwrite with GPT partition table) and then tell Windows to install to the free space on the drive (which now encompasses the entire drive; this also lets Windows decide how to use the drive).

Hope this helps,

...S

BHarr8
New Contributor III

Rufus is an unnecessary step if you are using the media creation tool. Have it create the bootable USB flash drive directly.

DVill9
Beginner

Hi,

I solved the issue burned Windows to a DVD

Thanks