Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
12528 Discussions

Unstable NUC11i5PAH - graphics driver?

Chris_MO
Beginner

My two NUC11i5PAH kits are unstable and no output over HDMI

From reading comments in these forums, it seems the Iris Xe graphics on the Intel NUC11s have serious stability issues.

My experience so far:

1) After manually installing the Intel DCH graphics driver from Intel, I installed most all other Intel drivers, from https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/205040/intel-nuc-11-performance-kit-nuc11pahi5/.... Then, I connected to the internet and installed the Intel Update Utility and installed any remaining drivers. System seems unstable and encounters BSOD after minor changes, e.g., I changed a BIOS setting and disabled HDMI CEC, and the system crashed (BSOD).

2) Even after installing the Intel Graphics Command Center, both NUCs will not display over HDMI. The Command Center recognizes the HDMI display, but it appears black. Nothing will display on the monitors and the monitors indicate no input. Have this issue with two NUC11i5PAH kits. Tried different cables and different monitors and none will display over HDMI. However, the NUCs will both connect to monitors when connected to the mini-DP ports on the NUC11s.

Any advice @David_G_Intel  on how to connect to HDMI displays would be appreciated, and advice on how to make the graphics more stable would be greatly appreciated. I tried the steps at https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000056629/graphics.html, which have not resolved these issues (1) and (2).

Thanks in advance,

0 Kudos
1 Solution
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @Chris_MO 

The first driver to be installed manually after Windows installation (before installing any other driver) should be Chipset Device Software.  Looks to me that this driver is missing from your SSU report. If I'm right, install the Chipset Device Software and then reinstall all other drivers.

Leon

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Chris_MO
Beginner

Attached is the device information from Intel SSU.

LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @Chris_MO 

The first driver to be installed manually after Windows installation (before installing any other driver) should be Chipset Device Software.  Looks to me that this driver is missing from your SSU report. If I'm right, install the Chipset Device Software and then reinstall all other drivers.

Leon

Chris_MO
Beginner

Thank you, Leon.

I also heard that the second driver should be the ME driver.

Strange. The Intel graphics control center shows a second monitor is attached to the HDMI port. A screen capture confirms it.

Still there is an issue with the HDMI port as no signal is received by monitors, and I have tired different cables and different monitors.

Trying to get support from Intel but their service center seems to be unable to connect to my phone or network...