MHand1
Novice

Update never happens

NUC5CPYH 8GB RAM 500GB HDD

Using Intel's Driver and Support Assistant I get an update for the

Intel Serial IO I2C ES Controller ----- Driver for Win 10

Latest Version 1.3

Installed Version: 604.15063.3024.59921

It has been for a while this update appears but never seems to change after the installation happens.

Can you let me know if there is an issue with my hardware or the updating software?

Thank you....

0 Kudos
42 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello, Le_moose1. Thank you very much for contacting the Intel Communities Team. I will be more than happy to assist you.

Let's try the installation of the drivers using the following method:
  1. Download the 1.3 version of the Intel® Serial IO Driver for Windows® 10 by clicking https://downloadmirror.intel.com/25601/eng/SIO_Win10_64_1.3.zip here.
  2. Extract the files.
  3. Run the LPSS_X64_Threshold_Install_152702 file.
  4. Restart if prompt.
After performing these steps please verify the version of the drivers on Device manager and run the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA).

Additionally, what is the version of Intel® DSA that you are currently using?

Antony S.
MHand1
Novice

Antony,

Within the last couple days, the DSA has updated to a newer version.

It hasn't mattered which version, I still get the very same update available and try running the update to find out it did not update after running the installation.

A dpinst64.exe dialog box comes up for me to begin the installation. Everything looks fine but the latest/installed versions never change and I get the same update available information.

Will uninstalling the current and the reinstalling the 1.3 work? If so, where should I find the file to uninstall?

On my NUC6CAYH the versions on the same item are: Latest version 30.100.1631.03 Installed version: 30.100.1724.1 with the green check and UP TO DATE

Not sure why the 1.3 won't overwrite since it looks like the driver is close to 3 years old.

Still at the same place as before.

Mitchell_R_Intel
Employee

Problem is the DSA tool is looking at the driver package and not the driver itself. If you installed the latest driver already then just ignore the update. I have seen this problem for quite some time with this tool.

idata
Community Manager

Hello, Le_moose1.

Can you please provide me with the log files of the Intel® DSA? You can find that information on C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA.

Antony S.
idata
Community Manager

Hello, Le_moose1.

I would like to know if you still need assistance. If so, please share with us the log files of the Intel® DSA.

Antony S.
MHand1
Novice

I did follow the instructions with the same apparent result.

If the fault is in the program, I really don't think the "update" is that crucial to smooth operation.

I appreciate the followup, I had forgot to reply to the prior request.

idata
Community Manager

Hello, Le_moose1. Thank you for your response.

In this case, please attach to this thread the log files of the Intel® DSA. You can find this on C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA.

Antony S.
idata
Community Manager

Hello, Le_moose1.

I would like to double check if you could get the log files of the Intel® DSA.

Antony S.
MHand1
Novice

Antony S,

See if this helps

idata
Community Manager

Thank you for the information, Le_moose1.

We will review the information, I will be back to you soon.

Antony S.
idata
Community Manager

Hello, Le_moose1.

There is a new version of Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (3.4.0.4). Please try with this new version: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24345/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant?product=128824 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24345/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant?product=128824

Let me know how it goes.

Antony S.
MHand1
Novice

Well, once I downloaded and installed the updated DSA, it still found the same driver needed updating.

It then said the computer needed rebooted. When I did, the NUC splash seemed to last much longer than usual.

Once it finally loaded win10, the wifi would connect but without internet. After fiddling a bit, I decided to restart.

Then the NUC splash was on and seemingly the unit was stuck. The F2 key did work and somehow the next time I hit the F10 and then it started loading win10.

Then opening the DSA had the same result as before. Any change in the software did not change anything on my end. (See screenshot)

idata
Community Manager

Thank you for your response, Le_moose1.

Can you please share the new log files of the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant 3.4.0.4?

Antony S.

idata
Community Manager

Hello, Le_moose1.

I would like to know if you still need assistance regarding this issue?

Antony S.
SFinc1
Beginner

I have the same problem with the same driver never updating

Was there ever a fix for this?

Thanks

Intel Serial IO I2C ES Controller ----- Driver for Win 10

Latest Version 1.3

Installed Version: 604.15063.3024.59921

MHand1
Novice

No there was not. However, I have a feeling that there is something strange going on with the program.

You notice the original file name is in a different nomenclature compared to the incremental update.

When attempting to install the update, it does not and because it's not a true update. The program doesn't recognize the "update" as an update.

I wouldn't sweat it and sometime later the update will happen when the program is updated.

I haven't had any issues with the unit, so in my use this issue is not affecting my performance.

Hope it helps

idata
Community Manager

Hello, everyone!

There is a new version of the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (3.4.1.7). Please install it and let us know how it goes. Here is the download link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24345/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24345/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant

Antony S.
MHand1
Novice

I did download and install the new version as prompted when I opened the program.

It required a reboot before I could install the update. So I restarted and Chrome opened and the system checked for updates then it gave me the same update information.

Since I downloaded the "update" before the reboot it needed not to do it again.

Once the "update" started as usual, with a terminal screen and the "update" results.

Attached are 3 photos. The first two are before the reboot to show what it shows.

The third shows the terminal screen behind the message saying I have a later version already installed as compared to the one downloaded.

Not sure what an update to this driver would do for this NUC.

SFinc1
Beginner

Same here i need an update for ver 604.15063.3024.59921 and Intel can only offer ver 1.3

idata
Community Manager

Thank you for that information, Le_moose1.

In this case, please share with me the log files of the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant. For you to get them, please follow these steps:
  1. Open-File Explorer from the taskbar.
  2. Select View > Options > Change folder and search options.
  3. Select the View tab and, in Advanced settings, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives and OK.
  4. Attach debug log files found at C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA.
  5. Check for hidden files as program data might be hidden.
sdfv: I would highly appreciate if you can share the logs with us as well as a https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91... System Support Utility report.

Antony S.