Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products

Upgrade

Jovche
Beginner
Hi I want to upgrade my pc, I currently use processor i3 530 and I want to upgrade with i5 750 it's possible? Thanks
0 Kudos
6 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Since there were no NUC products that utilized 1st gen Core processors, we can't help you with only the information provided. In general, what you need to do it contact the manufacturer for your motherboard and ask them this question (note: many manufacturers have web pages that provide this information). If this is an Intel Desktop Board, let us know its name and we can point you to the processor compatibility document specific to this board.

Hope this helps,

...S

Jovche
Beginner
I have baseboard manufacturer PEGATRON CORPORATION
BASEBOARD PRODUCT - IPMIP-GS
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee
This board supports up through the Core i7 processors, so you should be ok using a Core i5-750.
Hope this helps
...S
Jovche
Beginner
I instal the cpu i5-750 but when I turn on the pc starting beeping 1 long and 2 short an turn off
mecej4
Black Belt

Again, this forum is for Intel NUCs, and the following advice needs to be checked for applicability before attempting the suggestions.

1. Find the manual for your BIOS, from the motherboard manufacturer or the PC manufacturer.

2. Look up the BIOS beep codes.

3. Determine whether you feel comfortable with implementing the suggested solutions for the particular beep codes that you encountered on your PC.

This page may serve as a guide, but it may not apply to your PC. According to it, 1 long and 2 short beeps signify video card failure. There is a chance that you bumped or pushed on the video card while changing the CPU chip.

AndrewG_Intel

Hello @Jovche

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We hope that the assistance provided by the community has been helpful.

Also, we would like to inform you that due to the Intel® Core™ i3-530 Processor and Intel® Core™ i5-750 Processor have been discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for them, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request.

Note: You might need to search for the proper Product Category and click on its "Show more" link if the product is not visible in the top rows.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding. 

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician