Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMand3
New Contributor I

Using a Windows Media Center Remote with NUC8i7HNK

Is there some setup/programming I have to do with this thing or somethin to get it to work?

I got an "Acer Remote Control KWR113201/01B w/ Windows Media Center & Keyboard"

0 Kudos
13 Replies
MLevi
Valued Contributor I

Hello JMand3 - Please download the SSU tool from intel https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293, run the ulility, save the output and upload to this post.

JMand3
New Contributor I

So uh, posted the file like you said... no reply?

JMand3
New Contributor I

Amy_C_Intel1
Employee

Hello JMand3, Thank you for posting on the Intel® Communities. Can you please let us know more information about this matter? When did the issue start? Which of the functions do not work? What exactly are you trying to do with the remote? Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
JMand3
New Contributor I

trying to turn on the NUC

got it the remote. pulled plastic from batteries. tried it. nothing. Does it need to be programmed somehow first?

Amy_C_Intel1
Employee

Please, double check you have these options enabled in your configuration: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000023873/mini-pcs.html Check the 3 options there and let me know the results. Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
JMand3
New Contributor I

i think the issue is more basic, for now.. how do i get a new remote working with it? Cuz even awake no buttons on the remote seem to do anything with the NUC

Amy_C_Intel1
Employee

Did you check the settings mentioned in the link? These need to be enabled. Try using the remote with another computer or device to check if it could be related to the remote. Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
JMand3
New Contributor I

*sigh* are you a bot or something?

I checked everything.. the only thing that could b changed was fast startup within windows. I disabled it, rebooted.. still nothing. The remote wont do anything. Volume, windows button, anything

Like I keep asking. DOES IT NEED TO BE PROGRAMMED TO / PAIRED TO THE NUC TO WORK like bluetooth, etc

Amy_C_Intel1
Employee

No, if it is enabled in the BIOS you do not need to set any other configuration. Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee

If you have more questions, please let us know. Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee

If you need further assistance let us know. Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee

I have not heard back from you so I will close this inquiry now. If you need further assistance, please post a new question. Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation