cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AShep1
Novice

VIZIO tv HDMI video detection/sound issue resolved in Win 10 Fall Update

Jump to solution

HI. Just an update for those using NUC6i7KYK driving VIZIO TV via HDMI.

The "No video" or "Not Support" (yea this is how it is spelled) issue is gone after the Windows 10 Pro Creative fall update https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwj0rsLim9HX... Version 1709 (Fall Creators Update) - Version 1511

Switching HDMI inputs or turning the TV on/off is fine. Sound issue also resolved.

Kinda miss my headphones. No one knew when I was playing on my computer. Now they do.

Thanks to @Scott and others who suggested driver updates.

Looking forward to the IceLake (60W ??) NUC later with 64GB memory support for next Holiday (Christmas)

Happy Thanksgiving to all !!

Techno
1 Solution
idata
Community Manager

Hi TechnoCaveman: Perfect, thank you very much for sharing that information in our communities, it is great to hear that the problems got fixed and we really appreciate you took the time to let us know those results, we are sure they will be useful for all the peers in our communities.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R

View solution in original post

3 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi TechnoCaveman: Perfect, thank you very much for sharing that information in our communities, it is great to hear that the problems got fixed and we really appreciate you took the time to let us know those results, we are sure they will be useful for all the peers in our communities.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R

View solution in original post

AShep1
Novice

@Alberto

Most welcome. This is more than a spot to complain. This is or should be where answers are found. Being similar people, we face so many similar issues.

After sixteen (sweet sixteen? )months of continuous running (Minus a few power outages) the NUC runs great.

RAMSoft software to create a ramdisk has prolonged the NVMe SSD drives and given faster performance (in part to an additional drive letter) Longer life is an opinion based on the millions of disk I/O done in memory - not to SSD - for long periods of time. Note: this is not an endorsement nor advertisement for RAMSoft.

Happy Turkey day !!!!

Relax, eat and be thankful of who we have.

Techno

idata
Community Manager

Hi TechnoCaveman: Thank you very much for that feedback. You are correct, and we are happy to hear the NUC is working without a problem. You do the same, enjoy de holiday.

Happy Turkey day.

Regards,

Alberto R