Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Novice

Video issues!

I am having constant screen flickers and blackouts. I have tried various remedies including all recommended driver updates. I am currently running the Radeon 18.6.1 driver and Intel 630 version 24.20.100.6136 driver. If I were to guess I suspect it has to do with HDCP not working correctly as I sometimes get a green screen that corrects after unplugging video cable that is HDMI at the moment.

Funny thing is that if I uninstall the AMD drivers package I get flawless video. Of course I get no sound through the HDMI cable but video problems go away and video runs at 64hz. Video really is good this way even at full 4k so I may just work around the sound issue. any suggestions or recommendations would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
19 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Same problem all the latest Drivers and Bios ver 44 Running on a TCL 1080p TV at 60mhz I have found that if I avoid Full screen mode or let the mouse sit on the task bar get zero Flicker but in Full screen Mode I will get the flicker With Stan Netflix and Edge in full screen playback with Utube vieos, I have Anime Tube app that will either flicker or not flicker I would say it is the only one I get no flicker on some of the time when in full screen. And have had the dreaded Green Screen once that required a power off at the NUC to fix.

Have dropped in some screen shots and I am going to turn off the HDCP support and see if it helps think it is something like the DRM for books and Videos Copy Protection

Intel® NUC Model NUC8i7HVK

Intel Core i7-8809G 3.1GHz (up to 4.2GHz Turbo)

2x 16GB DDR4 2400+ SODIMMs

Radeon RX Vega M GH 1063-1190MHz GPU, 800MHz Memory 4GB

512 GB M.2 SATA SSD Operating System and Apps

1TB M.2 SATA SSD Game only Windows and Steam

4TB External Hard drive USB C

Integrated Wifi Intel® Wireless-AC 8265 + Bluetooth 4.2

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello Snowgod and Alan_J_T

Thank you for joining the community.

In order to help you better, I would like to gather more information about the configuration you have on the computer. Please attach to this thread the TXT file the Intel® System Support Utility will generate: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Steps to save the report:
  1. Run the utility.
  2. Click on "Scan" to get the scanned system.
  3. Once the scan is complete click on "next".
  4. Use the "save" option, save the report to your desktop.
  5. To attach a file, you must click the "Attach" option on the bottom right-hand corner of the response box.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi and thanks for the reply have attached as requested and I have tried a bunch of different setting for Videos but nothing seems to make any Difference Only thing that dose stop it is if I move the mouse to the very top or bottom of screen causing the menu bar to lower or task bar to popup.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello Alan_J_T

Thank you for your response.

Upon reviewing your report I notice that you are using the graphics driver version .4982, I recommend to test the lasted driver version for your Intel® HD graphics 630; to update the graphics driver please follow these steps:

1. Download the graphics driver ZIP file: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27847/a08/win64_24.20.100.6136.zip https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27847/a08/win64_24.20.100.6136.zip
  2. Unzip the file to a designated location or folder.
  3. Right-click on the Windows Start icon and open Device Manager.
  4. Click "Yes" when prompted for permission from User Account Control.
  5. Expand the Display adapters section.
  6. Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software.
  7. Click "Browse my computer for driver software".
  8. Click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".
  9. Click "Have Disk".
  10. Click "Browse".
  11. Access the designated location or folder, and access a folder called "Graphics".
  12. Select the file called "igdlh64" or "igdlh".
  13. Click Open, then click OK, and finally click "Next". Drivers are now being installed.
  14. Reboot your computer.
  15. And let me know if you have any issues during the installation.
Please let me know the model of the display and model of the video cable.

Hope these help.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

OK tried all of that and no luck have place a pick of the TV model that way no Typos and it is connected VIA HDMI brand not know model not know is a stock HDMI Cabel I will try swapping it around with one of the others and see if that helps but is only in Full Screen. Unless I place Mouse at very top or bottom of screen. then it is excellent with no glitching.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello Alan_J_T

I would recommend completing a clean installation of the graphics diver; please refer to the following to download the lasted version for the Intel® HD Graphics 620 (https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27847/a08/win64_24.20.100.6136.zip https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27847/a08/win64_24.20.100.6136.zip) and to the following link to download the Radeon* Graphics Driver (https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27895/eng/GFX_Radeon_Win10_64_18.5.1_WHQL.zip https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27895/eng/GFX_Radeon_Win10_64_18.5.1_WHQL.zip), once you have downloaded the driver take your system out of internet connection to complete uninstall/install process.

Follow these steps to uninstall the graphics diver:

1. On the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R, then type in devmgmt.msc
  2. Expand the Display Adapters section.
  3. Find the Intel® Graphics Driver and the Radeon™ graphics driver.
  4. Right-click the Intel Graphics Driver and select Uninstall.
  5. Select the checkbox Delete the driver software for this device.
  6. Do not reboot the system.
  7. Right-click the on the Radeon™ graphics driver and select Uninstall.
  8. Select the checkbox Delete the driver software for this device.
  9. Reboot the computer after the uninstall process has finished.

Once the system is rebooted go back to the to the previous steps to verify if there are other versions of drivers, if you have any please repeat the steps until you get the Microsoft basic display adapter.

Once you get the Microsoft basic display adapter please follow these steps in order to update the graphics driver:
  1. Use .zip file for Intel® HD graphics.
  2. Unzip the file to a designated location or folder.
  3. Right-click on the Windows Start icon and open Device Manager.
  4. Click "Yes" when prompted for permission from User Account Control.
  5. Expand the Display adapters section.
  6. Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software.
  7. Click "Browse my computer for driver software".
  8. Click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".
  9. Click "Have Disk".
  10. Click "Browse".
  11. Access the designated location or folder, and access a folder called "Graphics".
  12. Select the file called "igdlh64" or "igdlh".
  13. Click Open, then click OK, and finally click "Next". Drivers are now being installed.
  14. Reboot your computer.
  15. 1And let me know if you have any issues during the installation.

Once you have installed the Intel® HD graphics complete the installation of the Radeon™ graphics driver with the file that you downloaded previously.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Ok have done all that and still the same Videos are still jittery in full screen Placing mouse at top or bottom so Menu or task bar show stops the jittery playback

After install of Intel GPU Drivers and 1st Reboot

After Install of AMD GPU Drivers and 2nd Reboot/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-555473-494074/After reboot AMDl.JPG

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Try to test with a rated HDMI cable and also use the same quad or duplex AC outlet as your TV to power the NUC.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

TV and NUC are plugged in to the same power Board right next to each other so do share the same 240 volts at 60hz Surge protected Board, have tried with 3 Different cables that I know are working correctly as are used for Xbox One S, Xbox 360 Slim and a Satellite TV Box.

Getting another cable will take a few days due to my location I have to buy that type of stuff online. So any idea of what brand or type of HDMI Cable I should be looking for. So since it is Saturday here now would not expect Delivery till about Wednesday at the earliest.

Thanks Alan J T

Ok Have these on the way should arrive by the 18th apparently

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

..physically the adjacent receptacle in the outlet, not just same power board / distribution panel; this to at least be at the same neutral reference so that any harmonics between the neutral and ground will be at the same level. This would be just a quick look-see. If there is a harmonics or power noise problem, I would get an isobar power strip that isolates each or each pair of receptacles and provides harmonic filtering. They're not that expensive. I wouldn't buy this unless you are reasonably certain. It's a good idea to consider power quality with today's high speed / low power devices.

Different global regions have different earthing schemes but the concept "behind the oultet" is the same

Try to get rated cables (i hate to use the word certified)

You don't have to spend alot on it, see the reviews for the particular product

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=vORIW-_zAoyf_QbojqjQCQ&q=hdmi+cable+18gbps&oq=hdmi+cable+... google search

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Sorry for the delay. I have just done the latest WIN10 Tuesday update. It would seem to have made a difference although more time will be required for a true evaluation.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Thanks for the info see post above for details

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Good day Leonardo C

Well I have Replaced the cable with the one I ordered OMARS Premium HDMI Cable 6.5ft Ultra Speed High Support 21Gbps 4k@60Hz (HDMI V2.0b) and no Difference at all and I am pretty sure this is a Software problem because as soon as I move the mouse cursor across the screen the jerky glitchy video play back stops complete and I have near perfect Video Play back.

I have zero problems with game and find the unit excellent for Playing AAA Titles like Forza Horizon 3, Motorsport 7, Gears of War 4 and several others all with no problems and excellent FPS on ultra quality settings at 1080P

It is only with Full screen Video Play Back YOU TUBE would be the worst offender for the glitchy stutter play back in full screen.

One Windows Store App called Anime Tube Unlimited (Adds Removed) has zero problems in full screen While Stan, Netflix, Amazon Prime Australia and YouTube do have the glitching in full screen.

Microsoft Edge is used for YouTube and Amazon Prime Video Australia

So what is next on the list of possible fixes or just wait it out till new drivers or do a roll back to the older drivers.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello Alan_J_T

You have mentioned that this issue happens when you used Microsoft® Edge I would like to verify if the issue also happens with other browsers (Google chrome or internet explorer), or playing stored videos on the NUC?

If it is possible please provide me with a video of the issue that you are having.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Good Morning Leonardo C

Well it is a software problem and it appears to be Edge that is the problem played the Same YouTube Video in Edge, Google Chrome and IE and only got the glitching in Edge.

I will have to work out a way of making a video of what is happening so you have a better idea will try and use the phone just need to work out best way of doing it to avoid glare and the dreaded video shakes. that comes with trying to video a TV screen with a phone. Wonder if I can mount my phone holder for the car to the tripod for the Pentax.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello Alan_J_T

Thank you for your response and for doing the testing, if it is possible please share a video of each browser (Microsoft Edge and one of the browsers that do not present the issue).

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello Alan_J_T

I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Leonardo C

I had a go at taking a video of the problem but came out really rubbish as only have a cheap Phone and so will have to give it a miss for now.

But all is running well in Chrome and I will be keeping a eye on it from time to time and Applying updates as they arrive With luck a update will fix it completely only time will tell but all is good in the world of streaming for now if Chrome bites the bullet I will let you know

Thanks for all the Help Alan J T

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello Alan_J_T

Thank you for your response. Please let us know any new outcome.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos