Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TDean
New Contributor II

Visual Bios Access : USB Required? Can I use either wirelesss or Bluetooth Mice/Keyboard?

Before I purchase my NUC8i7HVK I need some help on deciding what input devices to use. I will need to access the Intel VB and I was wondering if you can use either a USB RF keyboard and mouse or a Bluetooth keyboard/mice and still press F2 to access the Visual Bios. Or do I need a usb keyboard and mouse? Or a usb keyboard and a USB RF mouse. Any help with these questions will go along way towards my purchasing decision. TIA

0 Kudos
4 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

USB wired and wireless keyboard and mouse (for example Logitech set paired with Logitech unified receiver ) will work since the Legacy USB is working in boot. Bluetooth keyboard/mouse will not work since in this stage the NUC Bluetooth is not working yet. Bluetooth receiver inserted into USB should work.

Leon

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

RE: Bluetooth receiver inserted into USB should work.

--> But only provided it exposes the keyboard/mouse using standard USB keyboard/mouse protocols.

...S

TDean
New Contributor II

Sorry about replying to myself. Hopefully somebody will see this and replay to it. I am looking at a logitech K360 wireless keyboard and a logitech wireless mouse M185, both of which I think can use a single usb unifying receiver.

Anybody have any experience with logitech unifying usb receiver and logitech wireless ketboards and mice for the NUC8i7HVK? TIA

LeonWaksman
Super User

In my NUC8i7HVK, I'm using Logitech MK520 combo (K520 keyboard + M310 mouse + Logitech Unified Receiver). It works well. Now the MK520 is upgraded by new model MK540.

Regards

Leon

Note:

If you buy a combo (keyboard + Mouse + Unified receiver), the keyboard and mouse are already paired with The receiver. If you will buy all three parts separately, you need to pair them before use. It can be done very easy with Logitech Unified Software https://support.logitech.com/en_us/software/unifying https://support.logitech.com/en_us/software/unifying and wired mouse.