Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

WHY does no one answer when I "call" for help?

I have received a suspicious email requesting me to confirm my registration details by following a link in the message.

Call me paranoid, but that is not something I would ever do!

...Especially in an unsolicited email!

Doing the sensible thing, I attempted to sign in, here.

Turns out that's impossible despite having entered my correct log in details.

Now I'm worried!

Next stop was to attempt to contact the living at Intel, ...not an easy task!

I filled in one of your questionaires which promised a response within 48hrs, that was on December 7th, by my watch, that was a little more than 48 hrs ago!

I have now had to create another account just to gripe about this, and perhaps to get some assistance.

Anyone there?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

Yes, there are people here. You have been caught in the turmoil of the forum migrating from one platform to another. Accounts have been migrated, and some are inactive, some have expired passwords. There was no need to create a new account. Your paranoia has taken control of you.

You need to sit back and relax. There is a lot of work going on to complete the migration and fix issues.

Doc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

There was every need to create a new account, ...no one was responding to my attempts to obtain assistance.

A full 5 days had elapsed since I originally requested help and there was no other way of getting some help, not impressed!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

The notice for the forum upgrade had been posted for almost two weeks, so you should have seen the banner at the top of the page.

Sorry you are not impressed, but a lot of work was being done, with a lot of people involved.

Now, you have an account, people are here, so go and post your question on a new thread in the proper product area, with a proper title, and then be patient.

Doc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

There is no banner at the top of the page!

As for the question, I asked it in the heading of this topic.

Your condescending responses are merely an added aggravation but they dopossibly give a bad impression of the forum to newcommers.

Your admission that the forum is currently in a state of turmoil has however given me an insight into the difficulty I am having, despite not answering the question directly.

To lighten your load, your response to this post is neither required nor desired.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

Listen closely: "The notice for the forum upgrade had been posted for almost two weeks". There is no banner now.

What is it you want? I have tried to explain what the problem was, and you just want to argue and fight. You are not worth the time, nor do you deserve any time.

Doc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi there, This is Mary, the Community Manager, how can I help? I apologize the emails went out asking people to sign in. As we moved all the users and content to the new platform, it saw the new people and sent out the verification emails as if they're all new accounts. Glad you got your account up and running and can post questions. Please let us know if you have any NUC specific questions we can help with? Thank you, Mary T. Community Manager
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Mary, Mary, Mary.

Listen closely as your rude colleague says above,

I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO SIGN IN TO MY ORIGINAL ACCOUNT.

I have had to create a new account in order to contact the living after attempting to sign in since Dec 7th when your first unsolicited email arrived.

I AM STILL UNABLE TO SIGN IN TO MY ORIGINAL ACCOUNT.

As for his concerns over some "banner", I do have a life and it sometimes interferes with my desire to spend time on this forum.

My last visit to this site prior to your email of Dec 7th, was some time in 2016, so no, I have not seen the damned banner.

Please excuse my irritation showing, it has been a long and arduous journey thus far!

Burning question is; can you help me achieve my goal?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi, I am so sorry about your not being able to sign in with your original account. Accounts that are not accessed after 18 months are removed. Emails get sent out 45 days in advance to notify a customer so they can log in if they want to keep the account. We are still researching internally if we can recreate that account for you. I'll send you a private email so we can work more together offline to sort this out for you. Thank you! Mary T. Community Manager
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

I had to make not one but two new accounts. Or something. I dont even know, except that I lost my original account and the responses from Intel about a month ago were that nothing was wrong. In any case I couldnt log on. In my case it seemed there was a conflict within Intel records about an account on intel.com and communities.intel.com having the same information (isnt that the way it should be?).

Anyway, i didnt come to whine, just to say i have account troubles too and that I remain very grateful to Intel and users for the tech help Ive been able to get. There are many great people around here and I thank you all.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

I also had to create another account to access this new and, imho, poorly designed site. It would be nice if the NUC section were subdivided into generations and also separated as to Bean Canyon, Hades Canyon, etcetera so we don't have to scroll past zillions of posts that have no bearing on the model/generation of NUC that we own. The search function is not very helpful in this regard. The "old" site had links on the left side to narrow our posts display to the NUC8 non-Hades units which was very helpful.

Also, the old forum would place the most recently edited posts at the top of the list, which is also helpful if you're waiting for an answer to a question.

TO: GVost1 & CV1 -- I understand your frustration. Keep in mind that Intel is a HUGE company and the bigger any company is, the less responsive it is to its individual retail customers. This tempts me to give AMD a try since they seem to be making good progress in the price/performance category with CPUs, GPUs, etc. You'd think that kind of market pressure would prompt Intel to be more accommodating to its customers. And "Al.Hill" is just another customer, not an Intel employee, so I don't understand why he's complaining about your post. You can safely ignore him.

0 Kudos