Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Novice

Weird Start Menu Behavior

For some reason after sleep my Windows 10 start menu opens up in two parts. The first part appears above the start menu and then about a second later the second part fills in below.

This weird behavior started with Windows 10 1903. Just to make certain that another issue was not playing a role I wiped the drive and reinstalled Windows 10 1909 with the latest Intel drivers. Unfortunately no change.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

NUC8i7BEH

32gb ram

1tb nvme ssd

1tb sata ssd

Windows 10

HDMI to HDMI 4k monitor at 60 hertz.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted

AZguy, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to this scenario, in order for us to be able to provide the most accurate assistance, we will do further research on this matter, for us to be able to do that, please provide the SSU report:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91...

To attach the report, once you choose "reply" select the "clip" icon on the lower left corner.

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello AZguy, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

AlbertR,

Somehow I missed your response. Sorry about that.

I have attached the Intel System Support Utility Report.

You will also see another post from with a video attached. Hopefully, the video will prove useful.

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

AlbertR,

This video might help.

Thank you for your assistance!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

AZguy, You are very welcome, no problem at all, thank you very much for providing the SSU report and the video, it is very helpful.

We will do further research o this matter, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi AZguy,

I work with Alberto and we have been looking into this report but unfortunately, we have no previous reports for this issue and no records in our knowledge base.

I would recommend that you reach out to Microsoft* for support, I see several reports for multiple issues related to the Start Menu and different ways to fix them but I couldn't find any identical report, this may be also because the issue description varies.

Regards,

Ronny G

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Thank you Ronny_Intel,

If I use the basic Microsoft video driver the issue disappears. When I install the Intel driver the issue appears.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

That makes a big difference, thanks for providing this particular piece of information and allow me a couple of days to do some internal research.

Thanks,

Ronny G

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

The issue appears if I leave my Nuc alone for a while. It wakes up normally and everything functions except the Start Menu. When I click on the Start Menu, I get this weird behavior after the machine has been left alone for at least ten minutes.

After the glitch, the start menu works correctly until I leave the Nuc alone for at least then minutes. Then the process repeats.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello AZguy, I just received an update on this matter.

I just wanted to let you know that we tried to replicate the issue in our Intel® Lab and the issue was no replicated, the Windows* Start Menu did not show the strange behavior, it works normally for us.

So, based on that, for this specific scenario, what we recommend is to get in contact with Microsoft directly to report this scenario and for them to provide further assistance on this matter:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos