Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor III

What is going on with NUC8i7HVK support, multiple issues.

I went to check for updates today and noticed that the 0060 BIOS I have installed has been pulled. I figured that I could check the release notes for 0059 to see if there was a note on why this happened and it seems that the 0059 release notes have also been pulled:

An error occurred while processing your request.

Reference #30.ce6775c7.1586366407.692c1ed2

A while back I also noticed that the SATA ROM was upgraded to a newer version and then a few BIOS updates later was reverted.

Lastly when I check the Intel Driver & Support tool on any of my Intel systems it correctly lists the motherboard, aside from my NUC systems. Intel's own software lists the NUC as having an unknown motherboard. This is a super bad look for anyone that spent the $ on one of these.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

Bios 0060 wass pulled two weeks ago pending further testing.

What SATA ROM are you talking about?

I have HVK NUC, and access to two others, and none have the other problems you are describing.

Now the big question - what problems are you having with your NUC8i7HVK? None?

Doc

Highlighted
New Contributor III

"What SATA ROM are you talking about?"

https://downloadmirror.intel.com/29206/eng/HN_0059_ReleaseNotes.pdf

BIOS Version 0048 -HNKBLi70.86A.0048.2018.0725.1749

SATA RAID Option ROM: 16.0.2.3402

and then a few releases later:

BIOS Version 0052 -HNKBLi70.86A.0052.2018.1129.1700

SATA RAID Option ROM: 15.9.0.1015

So these was a reversion here back in November. Are there any notes as to why?

Also with 0060 being pulled, what should I be looking out for since I have it installed?

I am not sure where you would want me to post about the NUC not being detected by Intel's own software. Intel should address this as it comes off as not supporting their own hardware.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

"Also with 0060 being pulled, what should I be looking out for since I have it installed?" If you have 0060 installed, as I do, and all of your SSDs are working correctly and there is no boot issue, then do not worry. There are some SSDs whose engine was not compatible with 0060. This is being corrected, and a new bios will be released.

Posting in this forum is fine.

Doc

0 Kudos