Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

What parts/ boards of my NUC7i3.. are made in Wuhan, China?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted

Hello H2OGuy, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. 

We will be glad to research this inquiry, but first please confirm the full model of your NUC.

We hope to hear from you soon. 

Best Regards, 

Daisy J. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Here are model/serial #'s

Intel NUC.jpgThank You

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello H2OGuy, 

Thank you for your prompt response. 

We will do further research and post back in this thread to share our finds.

Best Regards, 

Daisy J. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello H2OGuy, 

I work for Intel Customer Support (Daisy is my peer) and this request called my attention.

We usually don't provide this level of detail. We limit our information about manufacturing origin to only the country, like in this case: China.

Nuc components may be provided by different vendors and these could be manufactured at different locations within China or even outside China.

Can I ask you, why do you need this information? I understand the Covid-19 situation but I would need a valid justification just to submit this request and I cannot promise any result at this moment.

Thanks,

Ronny G

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Ronny G

There are 2 reasons why I would like to know the source.

1. The Covid-19 as you mentioned, to determine how much disinfection, I need to use on the packaging and parts.
  2. I had intended to use this as a gateway to my small business network, as I am aware of certain manufacturing facilities within China that insert “back door” bypasses on their hardware and I would like to evaluate the probability of my network being compromised.

I had assumed incorrectly that a US based company like Intel would not manufacture certain components in known Chinese government facilities and would be able to verify that no bypass would be covertly installed on their equipment. In fact I had assumed that Intel would have a database that contains all the component sources, packaging, shipping ,etc. Apparently from your response , my assumptions were incorrect.

Also the origin “China” includes “Taiwan” and it would have been helpful to know which components were made in “Taiwan” and which ones were subcontracted from Taiwan to the mainland "China". One reason for selection of the series 7 unit because it is likely that it was manufactured before December 2019 and would therefore not be exposed to COVID-19 except for the packaging and handling after that date.

It is unfortunate that you are unwilling to furnish this information and I will not be able to use this as I had planned. Perhaps some day in the future I will find another use for my NUC. I consider it a very unique and innovative product that would have been ideal for my application.

H2OGuy

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello H2OGuy, 

Thank you for your prompt response. 

We appreciate the explanation provided. We will look into this request and post back in this thread to share the outcome, if available.

Best Regards, 

Daisy J. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi H2OGuy,

In response to your question about the need to disinfect products you receive:

Intel relies on medical experts around the world for recommendations on COVID-19 issues. We suggest that you review the latest information available from the World Health Organization (WHO), the Centers for Disease Control, or your local health authority regarding the need to disinfect packages. In addition, Intel encourages our customers to take any precautions they deem necessary to feel safe.

In response to your question about where our products are manufactured:

Intel has a diverse manufacturing and shipping ecosystem for our products. As the COVID-19 virus has a worldwide impact, it’s possible that some products have been manufactured or shipped from locations that have been impacted by COVID-19. In addition, please remember that Intel ships products to independent retailers and distributors. We do not monitor or control how they deliver products to end users (the 'last mile' of delivery).

Specific to the NUC7i3DN products, the manufacturing does not currently take place in Wuhan.

Regards,

Ken

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos