Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
12341 Discussions

Whats the difference NUC7PJYH amd NUC7PJYHN

GRIFFCOMM
New Contributor I

Hi

I notice NUC7PJYHN says "no codec", so what does that mean?

Many Thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

NUC7PJYHN is missing Digital Microphone Array and Mini TOSLINK Adaptor on the back panel, necessary to connect standard TOSLINK cable for optical digital output.  See para.1.10.1 an 1.10.2, page 24 in the Technical Product Specification.

All the above are included in NUC7PJYH.

Leon

GRIFFCOMM
New Contributor I

Hi

Did these units actually have a microphone on the unit itself then? (was not aware of this), i assume the front 3.5mm jack will push left and right sound out and have a MIC input (4pin 3.5mm jack)?

LeonWaksman
Super User

The front 3.5 mm analog audio jack is available also only in NUC7PJYH. You are correct, the MIC input is provided trough pin 4.

In addition NUC7PJYH is equipped with Digital Microphone Array, mounted on each side of the front panel. So, you can have voice input trough this microphones, without using the analog microphone, connected to the 3.5 mm jack.

Leon

GRIFFCOMM
New Contributor I

Hi

I would like to clarify in addition to the above answers:

- Does the NUC7PJYHN have the small Mic on the front (small holes each side)? (i assume not)

- Does the NUC7PJYHN have a 3.5mm jack on the front?

- Does the NUC7PJYHN 3.5m jack provide analog audio (left and right)?

- Does the NUC7PJYHN 3.5mm jack have a 4th location pin for MIC input?

- ALso for clarification, i assume the NUC7PJYHN does push stereo sound down the HDMI cable (so will hear the sound out the screen that has speakers)? 

The issue here if the NUC7PJYH has a delivery date of 2049, otherwise i would buy it, only theNUC7PJYHN is available, so i need to know what sound will and will not work on it.

LeonWaksman
Super User

- Does the NUC7PJYHN have the small Mic on the front (small holes each side)? (i assume not) - right, this NUC doesn't have DMIC

- Does the NUC7PJYHN have a 3.5mm jack on the front? - no, it doesn't 

- Does the NUC7PJYHN 3.5m jack provide analog audio (left and right)? - no, it doesn't 

- Does the NUC7PJYHN 3.5mm jack have a 4th location pin for MIC input? - no, it doesn't 

All the above features are provided trough Realtek ALC233 HD audio codec, not available in the NUC7PJYHN

- ALso for clarification, i assume the NUC7PJYHN does push stereo sound down the HDMI cable (so will hear the sound out the screen that has speakers)?  that is correct. There are monitors with HDMI input and speakers and TV set as well.  An other option may be USB to Audio Adapter (like this one for example).

Leon

GRIFFCOMM
New Contributor I

Hi Leon

Thanks, so the only way to get sound of out this unit (NUC7PJYHN) is though the HDMI port (via a TV or monitor)... failing that an add on card (like a Sound Blaster Play 3 which is USB).

This should work, the client needs speakers, the monitor they want is HDMI with a headphone port