Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MWuen
Beginner

When a new NUC8i5hek goes to sleep I can't wake it up without turning it off. How do I fix that?

0 Kudos
18 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

You mean a NUC8i5BEK, right?

What version of the Intel HD Graphics driver package do you have installed?

...S

MWuen
Beginner

i have installed all the latest drivers using the Intel tool. Also Windows 10 Home is fully up to date. Only using Microsoft Defender for anti virus.

n_scott_pearson

That doesn't answer my question. What version of the Intel HD Graphics driver package do you have installed?

LeonWaksman
Super User

@MWuen​ 

1. Please open Devise Manager.
  2. Open Display Adapters.
  3. Right click on Intel HD Graphics 655, menu should open.
  4. Left Click on Properties.
  5. Open Driver tab
  6. Please send in your post the Driver Version you see there.

Leon

MWuen
Beginner

The driver is 25.20.100.6519 Manfred Wuensche
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi Manfred,

This is the latest and correct driver for your NUC. There is an other driver called DCH driver which is also suitable for your NUC. Before I'll will give advice how to proceed, I have one more question. After your NUC enters sleep state, in addition that you see blank screen, you can see LED indication - like blinking Power LED. After you trying awake the NUC, is this Power LED still blinking and only the screen remains blank, or the LED changes color to steady (i.e. the NUC is awake and you can even hear the blower is working)?

Leon

MWuen
Beginner

Yes. If I try to wake it an indicator light blinks but nothing happens.

LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi Manfred,

1. So, the subject you wrote is not a mistake. Your NUC can't wake up and not the display. In this case it is not the problem of Graphics Driver.
  2. I suggest you for beginning to set Bios setting to default.
  3. Enter Bios, press F2 during boot while you see the F2, F7, F10 menu.
  4. In Bios, press F9 followed by "Y". This will set Bios setting to default.
  5. Press F10, confirmed by "Y". Bios setting will be saved and you will boot to Windows.
  6. Check how it's working now.

Leon

MWuen
Beginner

Ok thanks. I will try that. While booting, right now, I only see the word Intel on the screen. Do I hit F2 as soon as I hit power on?

LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi Manfred,

1. If you can't see the F2, F7, F10 menu in right bottom corner, that means that probably Fast Boot was enabled in Bios.
  2. Press Power Button for about 3 seconds. Count 1001, 1002, 1003,1004. Release the Power Button. NUC should reboot into Power Button Menu. You should release the Power Button before 4-sec shut down override.
  3. While you see the Power Menu press F3 to disable Fast Boot.
  4. Now press F2 to during boot enter Bios settings and continue to para. 4 - 6 in my previous post.

Leon

Edit:

This post was edited

MWuen
Beginner

It doesn’t appear to have worked. It still goes to sleep and just blinks yellow a few times but nothing happens. I still have to turn it off to get it to boot.

JShar16
Beginner

What has Fast Boot got to do with the black screen problem? The PC is awake, just the screen is black.

n_scott_pearson

There is a newer driver, 26.20.100.6890, that you should try. You can download it here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28816/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers?product=149161.

Hope this helps,

...S

MWuen
Beginner

So 6890 also does not fix the problem. Note I’m running an Intel 660p m.2 and the SSD software says the drive is fully healthy and up to date.

n_scott_pearson

What BIOS do you have installed? If it isn't BIOS 71 (more fully: BECFL357.86A.0071.2019.0510.1505), please install that version.

...S

MWuen
Beginner

It is 71

David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello MWuen,

Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities.

I would like to know if you have tried to do a BIOS recovery? If not, please refer to the link below for steps on how to proceed: 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005532/mini-pcs.html

Also, I would like to know if the same issue happens with other monitors or only the one you currently use? 

Let me know if you need more assistance please.

Regards,

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello MWuen,

Please contact us if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation