Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
Announcements
Do you have improvements you would like us to make on this community site? If so, we would love to hear your feedback! Click here for an 8 question survey. Thanks!

11290 Discussions

Where can I find older BIOS for a NUC6i7KYK?

jboggin
Beginner

Per the subject, I'd like to find older BIOS.

The latest, 0071, has ruined the ability to boot off of legacy devices -- which, means my linux system and older Windows partition.   Only UEFI devices work (and yes, I turned off UEFI, Secure Boot, flipped around the options in Power Settings 2, cleared the bios, updated recovery, etc., etc.).

Intel's instructions for problems with a BIOS upgrade is to downgrade to a working BIOS, but, of course, those BIOS aren't readily available.

So, if anyone from Intel can please help:

1) Please provide me with a link to a BIOS that actually works with Legacy MBR boots. 

2) Ideally, fix your help system.  Saying to downgrade BIOS and providing no simple way of getting those BIOS is immensely frustrating.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

I have attached a ZIP file that gives you the KY BIOS releases that I have. This includes 63, 64, 66, 67, 68 and 71.

I do not believe that you will be able to downgrade beyond BIOS 68, however, due to ME updates.

...S