Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
12102 Discussions

Where is the NUC11 stock? (EU/UK)

Russell
New Contributor I

Hi, we've had an order for an NUC11 board (NUC11TNBv7) for half a year (with multiple distributers) with no signs or information of any stock coming in.
We have a project dependant on 11th-gen embedded boards. With no even rough availability information, it's difficult to plan anything. The 'Status' of the NUC11 board on Intel's website is 'Launched', but there are seemingly no actual units anywhere. Any further information available?

Thanks
Russell

0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Surely you've heard that there's a world-wide silicon shortage, right? Intel, like everyone else, is having problems getting components for these builds.

Intel Warns of Consumer Chip Shortages for Q3

AMD CEO: Chip Supplies to Remain 'Quite Tight' for the Rest of 2021

Chip Delivery Times Hit 20 Weeks as Semiconductor Shortage Continues

Analyst: Chipset Shortage Now Affects 'Everybody but Apple'

...S

Russell
New Contributor I

Thanks for the response and information. I think we're all aware of a shortage, but trying to deduce the status of my order from 3rd party tech news sites is less than ideal. The strange thing is there's a plethora of laptops with the same components as 11th gen NUCs and they all ship immediately. Regardless of what the delay is, my issue is that there is zero information from Intel to distributors which in turn means no information from distributors to customers

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

The problem is that the NUCs are sold through the global distribution channels; there are no direct customers. I believe that this is what is blocking the communication of this kind of information. It is also unclear whether ICS (@Ronny_G_Intel?) will be able to provide any better answer to this question. They can ask; we'll see...

As for the "plethora of laptops", this is easy to answer. When shortages occur, the allotment of parts is dependent upon volume commitments. The biggest OEMs, with their huge volumes, are going to get first crack at the available parts. The smaller organizations, with their far smaller volumes - and yes, Intel is legally required to treat the NUC team just like any other customer - get the smaller allotments (and sometimes none).

Reality bites,

...S