Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

Which one should I get, NUC8i7HVK or NUC8i7HNK?

Jump to solution

I'm a Lightroom and Photoshop user and I'm about buy a new pc because my current one is showing its age. I'm almost determined to buy one of the latest NUCs with the AMD Radeon RX Vega M. I'm not a gamer and I don't plan to game with it (too old for that). Beside the Adobe apps I woukd like to do some light video editing with footage taken with my cameras: Nikon D750 and Olympus TG-5. I won't use Premier Pro but something lighter (and cheaper).

My doubt is if I should get the less powerful NUC8i7HNK with Vega M GL, because the most powerful NUC8i7HVK is only worthwhile for gamers and will bring negigible benefits for Lightroom, Photoshop and the video editing I plan to do.

Thank you for your help

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Video Editing can be incredibly I/O bound. I would suggest that, while the compute and graphics power of the HN NUC is probably sufficient for your intended purposes, it is critical that you have lots of memory (go for a full 32GB) amd the fastest possible drives (Intel's new 760p Series or Samsung's 970 PRO) to support this activity.

Hope this helps,

...S

View solution in original post

2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Video Editing can be incredibly I/O bound. I would suggest that, while the compute and graphics power of the HN NUC is probably sufficient for your intended purposes, it is critical that you have lots of memory (go for a full 32GB) amd the fastest possible drives (Intel's new 760p Series or Samsung's 970 PRO) to support this activity.

Hope this helps,

...S

View solution in original post

idata
Community Manager

It helps a lot. Thank you very much. I can use the saved money to upgrade the RAM and SSD