Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Why Windows 10 Update replacing the Intel Display Driver Version Display - 26.20.100.8141 with version 26.20.100.7529 even after clean installation in Intel NUC8i7BEH.

Is this driver issue and what is the solution?

0 Kudos
35 Replies
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

This is a known issue (with Windows Update) and is being worked by Intel Customer Support.

One thing you can try is upgrading to the new 8190 build (download form here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29557/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers).

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thank you for the response.

The Windows Version Details as below:

Windows 10 PRO

Version 1909

OS Build 18363.778

Please advise if this issue happens with above build.

I tried to uninstall the driver completely, close the internet connection and installed the graphic driver version 26.20.100.8141.

After one day Windows 10 update automatically updated the graphic driver to version 26.20.100.7529 in my Intel NUC8i7BEH.

I feel the driver version from Windows update has something do with this behavior.

Normally Windows update will not update the newer version of drivers from my past experience.

If you have any information regarding this issue please share the details.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

As I said, known issue and they are working on it (amongst a bunch of other, similar issues). You'll have to wait for the next IDSA update.

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor III

I can't confirm that.

I have a NUC8i5BEH with

Windows 10 1909 (Build 18363.815) and

graphics driver 26.20.100.8141

and Windows Update does not try to install an old driver.

Note: About a week ago Intel provided the drivers 27.20.100.8190.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor III

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thank you for the update and noted that this issue is not happening with Build 18363.815.

I don't have this build now and may be available soon.

There is optional update KB4550945.

Once I have this build version I can check if this issue occurs.

Currently my OS Build version is 18363.778

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thank you for the update.

I will wait for the updates and hopefully this issue will be fixed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Updated to OS Build 18363.836

Noted Windows update replaces the Display Driver Version - 26.20.100.8141 with version 26.20.100.7529

This issue seems something do with driver version 26.20.100.8141 which may be older than version 26.20.100.7529

Appears to be bug in the driver.

Please update me of any information you may have to solve this problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

The IDSA team is working on this issue. It's affecting a lot more driver types than just graphics. Give them time to fix it right...

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello JLiu13

Thank you for posting in the Intel Community.

Since the operating system is automatically rolling back the driver I would recommend following the steps on Intel® HD Graphics Installation Error: This Installation Package is Not Supported by this Processor... to try a clean installation of the graphics driver on the system

NOTE: please make sure to follow the steps without an internet connection and follow steps 5 and 6 until the system gets to Microsoft basic display adapter.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Dear Leonardo, I thank you for the kind response and your help. I did the procedure as advised by you. However the driver rolls back to the driver as updated by Windows Update. Also suddenly when I tried I tried to log in into my Intel account, I got notified that my password expired. I tried to reset my password. However I get message that I should try later. I am unable to log into my account at Intel. I request your kind help. Kind regards, Santhana
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thank you so much for the update. I shall await further updates soon.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Dear Leonardo,

I thank you for the kind response and your help.

I did the procedure as advised by you.

However the driver rolls back to the driver as updated by Windows Update.

Also suddenly when I tried I tried to log in into my Intel account, I got notified that my password expired. I tried to reset my password.

However I get message that I should try later.

I am unable to log into my account at Intel.

I request your kind help.

Kind regards,

Santhana

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Finally I opted to reset my password and it worked.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Intel should update the suitable driver for the NUC8i7BEH so that customers not facing this issue.

Worried if the NUC8i7BEH which I have is defective if others don't have this issue.

In this case I need to request the issue under warranty .

Please do advise.

Thank you so much.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

When they sort out the cause, it will be taken care of. This issue is affecting a lot more system types than just your BE NUC, so not a system-specific problem you need to worry about.

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello JLiu13

I would like to confirm if you trying to install the Intel® Graphics - Windows® 10 DCH Drivers for Intel® NUC Version: 26.20.100.8141 by using the steps provided previously.

Please let me know the outcome.

Once you complete the test please attach to this thread the TXT file the Intel® System Support Utility will generate: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Steps to save the report:

1-    Run the utility.

2-    Click on “Scan” to get the scanned system.

3-    Once the scan is complete click on “next”.

4-    Use the “save” option, save the report to your desktop.

5-    To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thank you so much for the update. I was worried that only my NUC8i7BEH is affected and felt some something wrong with my graphic chip. Now I feel better with your answer and it is very kind of you to advise me of the information.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Dear Leonardo,

I thank you for the kind response.

As advised by you I made the installation and attaching the LOG file.

After I check Windows update or by tomorrow when Windows update will automatically update this driver with version 26.20.100.7529, I can make the same log and send it to you for evaluation and advise if anything wrong with my NUC.

My NUC was replaced quite some time back due HDD light issue and few other issues.

My NUC details as below:

Regulatory Model: NUC8BEH

Date of Manufacture: 08 September 2019

SKU Number: BOXNUC8i7BEH

Version / SA Number: Private information

ATPO / Serial Number: Private information

Got replacement new NUC on Wednesday, 23 October 2019 at 12:31 PM through DHL delivery.

I await your advice.

I thank you for taking your time to analyse my issue.

Please confirm receipt of my email.

Kind regards,

Santhana

0 Kudos