Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Why did NUC10 BIOS FN0042.CAP get pulled?

On 6/15/2020 BIOS 0042 for NUC10 (FN) series was published at https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29631/BIOS-Update-FNCML357-?product=188811

Now it's gone, been pulled and we are back at 0041

What was the reason? I flashed 0042 on 4 systems already, just want to know if it's buggy, dangerous etc.

0 Kudos
32 Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

I can't find 0043, so it looks like it was pulled again.

FYI my sbmi account appears to be banned without any sort of cause, warning, or notification.  All but 1 of my posts (the one in this thread) were deleted, including posts that others had replied to.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

indeed. 

i catched it yesterday and works great, no issues.

makes no good impression.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Take a look at https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29717/BIOS-Update-FNCML357-?product=188811

Intel has now posted at least a general notice that the newer BIOS versions have been pulled.  This is a step in the right direction.

Highlighted
New Contributor I

Now BIOS 0044 is out. Of course I've had to do the full setup again, but it works so far.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

doesn't show on the NUC10i7FNK page, I guess it's valid. 

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/188808

do you think the HDMI firmware is important? we gave up on HDMI and are using a USB-C to DisplayPort cable to the monitor. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

You'll want it if you ever contemplate dual or triple monitor configurations.

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Don't update to the new HDMI firmware!

Since I did it a few days ago, I have persistent flickering issues with Prime Video and Netflix, but no problems with Youtube videos.

I have all the latest drivers and BIOS (on NUC10i5FNH), but the flickeruing doesn't bother with them. Also some flickering when starting and shutting down Windows.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

@RJamm have you reported that to Intel anywhere? sounds serious.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Not reported yet, it is new and I hoped that it will go away today with the new 0044 BIOS, but as I see it is still there.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

From the release notes:

Due to the Intel® ME firmware update in BIOS version 0044, you can’t downgrade to version 0039 or earlier.

Hope this one is a keeper, seems like there's no turning back...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

That's not me; I am just a passive user on Reddit.

I have my NUC10i5 for two months now. I must admit I am not a frequent user of Netflix or Prime Video on my NUC itself, but can't remember having flickering issues untill I upgraded the HDMI firmware this week.

An I have BSOD occurences since then , too.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

is bios 44 working well? I will not update the HDMI firmware - not using HDMI.

0 Kudos