Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
12514 Discussions

Why is BIOS Update [JYGLKCPX] asking me for an app to run it?

Clarice
Beginner

When I download the file and click "open" it's asking for an app.  What app do I need?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlHill
Super User

You need to boot with F7 to install this bios file.   Put it on a fat32 formatted USB stick, or in the root of your boot drive.

Boot with F7 and navigate to where the .BIO file is.  Select it, enter, and let it install.

After the install (which may reboot once to finish installing), do F2 to enter the bios, F9 to select DEFAULTS, and F10 to save.

Then boot to your OS.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

View solution in original post

5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

What file are you downloading? 

What model NUC?

Clarice
Beginner

I have a NUC7CJYS.  (It came with Windows 10 ... then I updated to Windows 11.)  It looks like this is the bios update for my NUC that came out in Dec. '22:

Clarice_0-1673750353390.png

Maybe I could do without the update, but it looks like it has a security update.  Thanks!

AlHill
Super User

You need to boot with F7 to install this bios file.   Put it on a fat32 formatted USB stick, or in the root of your boot drive.

Boot with F7 and navigate to where the .BIO file is.  Select it, enter, and let it install.

After the install (which may reboot once to finish installing), do F2 to enter the bios, F9 to select DEFAULTS, and F10 to save.

Then boot to your OS.

Clarice
Beginner
AlHill
Super User

No problem.  Just be patient when updating the bios.  It may take some time.