Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Wifi crashing

I've been experiencing a weird problem... I'm currently using a TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND on latest firmware to connect my NUC to the internet.

Whenever I'm using some intensive internet app (eg: watching twitch or youtube at 1080p60 or higher) the WiFi disconnects.

After a few seconds or maybe minutes, the internet comes back again, and I can force this by disconnecting from the network and connecting again but it is super annoying.

Has anyone been experiencing something similar?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello wentserker,

I understand that you are currently experiencing issues with the wireless connection.

Regarding this, I would like to request an Intel ® System Support Utility report which you can create by downloading the tool from the link below:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

This is so that we can have more information about the system, please attach it to this thread. Also, please provide me with the exact model of the NUC in question. I would like to also ask you if this issue is only present with the NUC or have you experienced the same disconnection with other devices. Have you tried for testing purposes to connect the NUC to a different wireless network?

Let me know please.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello wentserker,

I am following up with your case and see that we have not heard back from you.

Please provide me with the information requested above.

If you need more assistance do not hesitate to reply.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi David,

Sorry for the delay.

1.- I haven't tried to connect to a different wireless network as I don't have another, but I will try to connect to my cell phone via hotspot and report

2.- The issue has only occurred when I was using my NUC (model NUC8i7HVK) connected to my TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND using the latest firmware for the router.

You will find the SSU report attached.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello wentserker,

Thank you for your response.

No problem at all, I was double-checking and I found this driver for the Network adapter you have in the NUC. I would like to give it a try, please refer to the link below:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27849/Wireless-Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-... https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27849/Wireless-Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-...

I cannot guarantee this will solve the problem, this is just for testing and see if it improves or solves the current problem. I would also like to know if you tried what you mentioned with the hot spot. Were you able to try and see if it disconnects?

Let me know the outcome please.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello wentserker,

Were you able to try the driver I provided?

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I've tried the suggested driver and the issue remains.

Getting 30Mbps download and constant disconnections with WiFi and solid 100Mbps with ethernet cable tested with Google Speed test.

I still have to get a second router and test because it seems to be a problem with the router itself.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello wentserker,

I understand that you still need to try another router. Please let me know whenever you try to connect the unit to a different access point.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello wentserker,

Were you able to try the different router?

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I'm still looking for a different router to try on.

Please, feel free to close the case. I will open a new one and reference this case if the problem persist with another router.

Thank you for the support!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello wentserker,

I understand, I will proceed to close this request for now. Nevertheless, if you need any more help, do not hesitate to reply so we can further assist you.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos