Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Wifi poor. Can't turn off nuc

I bought a NUC D34010wykh last week. In the beginning I had a problem with hdd that was 100% used when trying to open a program or just go out on internet.

This I have solved by disable the Intel Rapid energy safe mode I think it was called.

But then I got two new problems.

1. When turning NUC off it won't turn off. The screen goes off but the computer is still ON. So I need to turn if OFF with the physical button.

2. Wi-Fi is very slow now and useless. Can it by because I have turned of the Intel Rapid energy safe?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Try the newest wifi driver,intel energy( the app u talking about),update bios, maybe windows updates as well..

Probably because u change things at the energy.., try to clean the pc from dust, and check your hdd!

Good luck;-)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I have not changed WiFi driver and it worked before. But I will try to update it and see.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I have not done anything and now the wifi works. Hope it will be permament.

Still had some problems to start windows due the long start up.

What should I do about the problem with turning nuc OFF? Why does it stay ON when screens turn OFF?

I need to use the physical button to turn it off.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

Please confirm the name of the feature or setting you have changed in BIOS.

What is the model of the SSD/HDD you are using?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I have not done any changes in BIOS. I made only a change in the Intel Rapid in Windows. My ssd model is Kingston v300 sv300s37a 120gb with the old firmware that should be stable.

Today when I started nuc the windows would not start. I got blue screen a couple of times then I turned it OFF and ON and now it works. Why is it so? Please help needed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

Is it Intel® Rapid Start Technology? Did you try disabling it?

We have reported similar issues with this SSD model before:

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Yoe. The threads you linked to does not solve any problems. I have solved my by disable Intel rapid so the freezing is gone. One issue left is that some times windows takes to long to start up. When this happens I reboot nuc and almost every time it starts within seconds. Once it loads fast, Windows will work fine but when it loads slow the windows had issues until I reboot it.

0 Kudos