Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RMons
Beginner

Will this display HD video to my TCL 49" 4K TV

I'm looking at buying this NUC and I'm wondering if it will adequately support a 49" 4K TV by TCL model: 49S405. I'll be running a SDR Ham radio and want to display the output on a 4K TV monitor and I'm not sure if it will render the information so it's clean like HD.

The radio supports External Display: 1920x1200 WUXGA via HDMI interface

The NUC I am interested in is:

Intel NUC NUC6i7KYK Mini PC/HTPC With All New Parts

6th Generation Intel Quad-Core i7-6770HQ 2.6GHz With Turbo Boost Upto 3.5GHz, 6MB Cache

8GB DDR4 2133MHz, Sandisk 1TB SSD M.2 Sata (You Could Add A 2nd Drive)

Intel Iris Pro Graphics 580, Wifi, Bluetooth 4.2, Gigabit Ethernet, 4k Support, Card Reader, Dual Monitor Capable

Any help would be great!

Thanks

Monzi

0 Kudos
1 Reply
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

4K support is certainly possible with the KY NUC. There are three connectors that you can use to connect a monitor and all three can be used simultaneously: (1) mini Display Port, (2) HDMI and/or USB-C. The HDMI port is only capable of supporting 4K@30Hz. With appropriate adapters, however, it is possible to support 4K@60Hz connections via the other two connectors.

It is unclear to me what the radio has to do with this. Please explain yourself better. Are you talking about a radio connected to the NUC and software running on the NUC that displays the output for the radio? Are you talking about the NUC and radio sharing access to the monitor? What?

...S