Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Windows 10 Enterprise 2015 x64 LTSB no longer supported?

Jump to solution

Is this version no longer supported for graphic driver updates? I can no longer update hardware that's using this version, even when fully updated with all security updates.

Current display drivers that are posted for NUC6i3 and NUC7i3 builds come up with the same message "The installation package is not supported by this processor type" when downloaded and executed manually. If I run the installer using the Intel Driver and Support Assistant, it downloads and then fails when it tries to install. Looking for a "better driver" using the Windows device manager kind of updates the driver.

Driver version listed under device manager stays at the same version - 21.20.16.4678

The one listed under the Intel Control Panel changed to a newer version, it was .4678 but now it's showing 22.20.16.4771.

I reran the Intel Driver & Support Assistant which shows both above versions installed?

Latest version: x.x.x.4849 Installed Version: x.x.x.4771

Driver Version 21.20.16.4678

Driver Date 5/17/2017

Am I missing something here? I've been able to update the graphic drivers for both Gen 6 and Gen 7 NUCs up to about a month ago. What has changed in with these driver updates that no longer works for this version of Windows?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hello /thread/120286 Corum,

This is happening because the current driver 15.60.4849 only has CAT signature for RS3 (Fall Creators Update Build) and the Windows build version that you may have is older (TH1).

The next 15.60 driver will include CAT signature for RS1, RS2 and RS3, but not TH1 so I would recommend that you move to at least RS1.

I hope this helps,

Ronny G

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello Corum,

Thank you for joining the Intel® NUC Community. I am really sorry to hear you are having issues installing these drivers.

I have sent you a private message, please check your inbox.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

This is happening because the current driver 15.60.4849 only has CAT signature for RS3 (Fall Creators Update Build) and the Windows build version that you may have is older (TH1).

The next 15.60 driver will include CAT signature for RS1, RS2 and RS3, but not TH1 so I would recommend that you move to at least RS1.

I hope this helps,

Ronny G

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Beginner

Thanks for the info Ronny. So what you're saying, anyone that is running Windows 10 Enterprise 2015 LTSB, will not be able to install any current display drivers from Intel? The only display drivers that we could install would be the only ones that are downloaded from Windows Update? Any new features or bug fixes that may/do exist with .4815 we'll be stuck with until Microsoft adds a updated version to Windows Update. Do you know if Intel will at some point have updated drivers for this version of Windows that is still being used by companies , that can't be upgraded, because that's one of reasons this version is used? Having a Enterprise version that doesn't need "Feature or Creators" update, only software and security updates. From what I can see, there really isn't a way to update a 2015 LTSB to 2016 LTSB that doesn't involve basically reinstalling the OS from scratch.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi /thread/120286 Corum,

I am currently checking on this and I will get back to you soon.

Thanks,

Ronny G

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I just got confirmation that we are not planning to include TH1 support for future releases for this Graphics Driver (not at this moment at least) so we would recommend anyone running Windows* 10 Enterprise 2015 LTSB to stay with the latest driver that supports TH1 (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/ Drivers & Software ) or update by using Windows* Update.

Regards,

Ronny G

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

From what I can see, there really isn't a way to update a 2015 LTSB to 2016 LTSB that doesn't involve basically reinstalling the OS from scratch.

that is not necessarily true, Corum.

you can perform an "in-place upgrade" from LTSB 2015 to LTSB 2016 from ISO media and keep your existing files and programs - Microsoft allows this.

saw a following post from this Spiceworks forum thread:

https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/2043825-windows-10-ltsb-2015-to-ltsb-2016 Windows 10 LTSB 2015 to LTSB 2016 - Spiceworks

LTSB 2015 to LTSB 2016 upgrade is supported, its not data only or clean install, you can inplace upgrade and keep all your apps, settings, data etc.

0 Kudos