Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
12305 Discussions

Windows 11 Drivers for NUC11

md_rogers
Beginner

The "Latest Drivers & Software" page for the NUC11PAKI5 only lists one download for Windows 11. When will you be releasing the rest, specifically the chipset drivers?

When doing a fresh install of Windows 10, Intel recommends installing the chipset drivers before any other. Is this the same for Windows 11? Are the Windows 10 chipset drivers compatible with Windows 11?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
LeonWaksman
Super User

I've upgraded few NUCs from Windows 10 to Windows 11 using Windows 11 ISO file (rather than Windows 11 Installation Assistant). This method works well: Upgrade to Windows 11 with an ISO file

After your Windows 10 is fully updated from Microsoft and all Intel drivers installed, PTT and Secure Boot enabled, you may start this upgrade process.

Leon

View solution in original post

3 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

I've upgraded few NUCs from Windows 10 to Windows 11 using Windows 11 ISO file (rather than Windows 11 Installation Assistant). This method works well: Upgrade to Windows 11 with an ISO file

After your Windows 10 is fully updated from Microsoft and all Intel drivers installed, PTT and Secure Boot enabled, you may start this upgrade process.

Leon

md_rogers
Beginner

Thanks Leon.

I was wanting to do a fresh install, but I guess I could do an update, checking "Nothing" for "Choose what to keep".  I presume this does not remove Intel system drivers?

LeonWaksman
Super User

Exactly, no need to install drivers after update. Although I believe (didn't tried this) that all the latest driver for Windows 10 (including the Chipset Software) can be installed after clean installation of Windows 11. However, I prefer the "upgrade" over working Windows 10. 

Leon