Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
Announcements
Do you have improvements you would like us to make on this community site? If so, we would love to hear your feedback! Click here for an 8 question survey. Thanks!

11283 Discussions

Wireless card drivers D33217GK

UnTappedCarnage

I am looking for drivers to install on my D33217GKE board.

It had the wireless capabilities prior to updating to windows 10. (was running windows 7 before today)

Someone please advise where to find the drivers and how to install.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

The 3rd gen NUCs preceded Windows 10, so Windows 10 has built-in support for almost all aspects of the hardware.

For Wireless, I was unable to determine which card you have (there were multiple possibilities listed), but I presume it is either the Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 or the Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 (let me know if it is an older card than these). The good news is that both of these cards are supported out of the same driver packages. The bad news is that, because these cards have been discontinued, Intel no longer provide download support for these packages. The good news (gee, I am cycling) is that I saw this coming and backed up the driver packages on my own system. The bad new is that these packages are too large for me to post here. I will put them into my cloud area and send you a link via IM.

...S

UnTappedCarnage

unfortunately i am not sure which wireless card is attached to this device. how would i go about verifying that?

n_scott_pearson

Presuming you have one installed, the wireless card will be hidden under the SSD. You will need to lift the SSD in order to read what the wireless card is.

...S

UnTappedCarnage
I know for a fact it has wireless because it was working prior to upgrading to windows 10. Unfortunately I also erased the recovery partition not thinking it would be this difficult to find the drivers. Attached is the photo I took after removing the ssd.
n_scott_pearson
There is no wireless card installed nor are there antenna leads that might have been connected to this card if it was removed. Certainly explains why the drivers wouldn't install properly.
...S
UnTappedCarnage

but it doesnt explain why the windows 7 version had wireless.

n_scott_pearson

Hhmmm... Well, if it had wireless then and it doesn't now, um, gremlins walked off with the card while you weren't looking?

...S

AndrewG_Intel

Hello @UnTappedCarnage

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. We hope that the assistance provided by the community has been helpful.

Also, we would like to inform you that due to the Intel® NUC Board D33217GK has been discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request.

You can verify this product's discontinuance status at the following links:

Intel® Product Specifications > Product Status > "Discontinued".

Also, please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®.

Thank you for understanding.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician