Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Wireless connection not working

I have a nuc10FNH. 3 months old. Happen yesterday. Wireless connection cannot find any network. I download and install the newest driver for bios and  install the latest driver LAN-win10-25.4 with another pc. Still cannot find any network. I have no idea why. There seems to be error in network adaptor intel wifi6 AX201 160Mhz as attach in the photo. 

I open up inside and check the 2 antenna underneath the m2 ssd slot they dont seem to be loose ....i am not certain if those are the wireless antenna though i just guess they are. 

No idea how to fix this.

Hope someone can help ...pc pretty useless without internet is also difficult to use ethernet due to the pc location.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

Hi @Random 

1. Try to reinstall the WiFi Adapter Drivers:

2. Download the latest Bluetooth Driver.

3. Download the latest WiFi Driver.

4. Disconnect the Internet.

5. Open the Network Adapters section in the Device Manager.

5. Right click on Bluetooth Device and then click on Uninstall device (check the "Delete ..." option).

6. Right click on Intel Dual band Wireless... and then click on Uninstall device (check the "Delete ..." option).

7. Reboot your NUC.

8. Install previously downloaded drivers, starting with the Bluetooth Driver. 

9. Reconnect the Internet and reboot your NUC.

10 In Windows Settings Network & Internet > Wi-Fi, verify that Wi-Fi is ON (actually you may start from this).

11. Check you WiFi connection.

Leon 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Nope did not work. There is no wireless button on the left side in network & internet.

There is status, ethernet and vpn but not wireless. The button should appear after installing the driver but it did not.

I can connect to internet by using ethernet cable to another pc and sharing internet.  I update the window 10 and use the intel driver update assistant so my pc should be most updated but the wireless still does not work.   

There is still exclamation mark in device manager over the intel wifi 6 AX201. Double click and says is not working properly.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Actually is working now but I have no idea why perhaps the window 10 update fix it...and shutting down a few times the new drivers got through. Gonna see if it still works next couple of days. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Which windows you're using ?. Take my suggest whenever i miss some drivers i always update the windows from "Windows Update Setting" 

Go to your search bar and type Windows update

Click on first option

and then click on check for update 

Windows update automatically update your all drivers including WiFi 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

Hi @Random 

"There is no wireless button on the left side in network & internet." It happens when the WLAN is disabled in BIOS.

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

well was fine for half a day, it happen again wireless just cut off for no reason, cannot find any network the wireless button is missing on the left. do you know why this happens..why wlan is disabled from bios suddenly or other reasons... anyway to fix this...thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello Random, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

So we can have more information from your system, please provide the following: 

1. If you are able to connect to the internet momentarily, run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated:  

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".   
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".   
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".   
  • Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach). 

2. If you are unable to connect to the internet, please provide the following: 

• Complete NUC model number. 
  • The BIOS version installed. 
  • The driver version installed. 
  • Operating System version.  

3. When this issue happens, does WLAN get disabled in the BIOS as well? 

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I am not sure if the wlan is off in Bios when wireless lose connectivity the wireless button is gone on the left from setting-network and internet but when shut down open f2 the there is a tick next to onboard wlan in so i assume it is on? as attach is the ssu detailed summary.

right now there is still error in device manager intel wifi 6 ax201 160mhz

device status

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

{Operation Failed}
The requested operation was unsuccessful.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello Random,  

Thank you for your reply. 

Yes, if the WLAN devices is checked in the BIOS it means it is enabled. Please try the following steps and let us know about the outcome: 

1. Try a clean installation of the latest drivers validated for this NUC (Wi-Fi and Bluetooth), and then, perform a cold reboot (hold the power button until the PC powers off): 

2. Load BIOS defaults: 

• Press F2 during boot to enter BIOS Setup. 
  • Press F9 to load defaults. 
  • Press F10 to save and exit BIOS Setup. 

3. If the above does not work, you can try a BIOS recovery: 

4. If you are still facing the same problem, you may want try reinstalling the Operating System (OS) from scratch just to rule out any software problem at the OS level. Check with Microsoft* for recommendations: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/reinstall-windows-10-d8369486-3e33-7d9c-dccc-859e2b022fc...  

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

-Clean installation:

Up to step 2-a. Make sure to select the option to Delete the driver software for this device.

so up to this step i check in device manager both bluetooth and wireless is gone.

but after step 2. Restart your computer. I open up device manager only bluetooth is gone but the wireless is there with there same error but if you delete it now there is no option to Delete the driver software for this device.

I perform a clean reboot, after that and continue with Step 3: Driver installation. Same problem. 

-So i load BIOS defaults, problem not fix.

-i try the BIOS Recovery by Power Button Menu

up step 4 to the power button menu and step 5 Press F4 to start a BIOS Recovery. 

After i press F4 nothing happens, goes black screen pc and usb device seems to be loading something than reset.

so step 6-9 never happened....

6. Wait 2-5 minutes for the update to complete.

7. The computer will either turn off when the recovery process is completed or it will prompt you to turn off the computer.

8. Remove the USB flash drive.

9. Restart the computer.

....try a couple of times press f4 just seems to reset the pc...

so ...anyway to solve this problem...

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello Random,   

Thanks for your reply.  

Based on what we have done so far, this seems to be a hardware problem. 

For this, I will recommend you to contact us directly, here is the contact us page: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html. Feel free to reference this post once you reach out to Intel Customer Support. 

Regards,   

Sebastian M   

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello Random,  

Were you able to check the previous post and follow the recommendation of contacting us internally? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello Random,  

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. Please remember taht for this problem, our recommendation is to contact us directly: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html. Feel free to reference this post once you reach out to Intel Customer Support. 

If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos