Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MLuna
Beginner

With NUC6I5 with Iris 540 video playback not smooth

With NUC6I5 with Iris 540 (lastest drivers) and Windows 10 I always get video playback not perfectly smooth on boh h264 and h265 videos, Hardware decoder il enagbled and boh cpu and disck usage is really low

Tested with windows mediaplayer, vlc, kodi, plex etc etc. I always get video not perfectly smooth in particular in situation of fullhd video with high movements and details. Seems like GPU can't afford it.

Is there a way to check GPU usage? CPU stays always low under 20% and I've run video file boh from SSD and External 5400 usb3

0 Kudos
7 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Are you running the latest version of the Intel HD Graphics driver?

MLuna
Beginner

Yes, lastest version

n_scott_pearson

Latest version validated on this board or latest one provided via Windows Update? If the latter, test again after (re-)installing the validated version.

MLuna
Beginner

n_scott_pearson

I haven't seen any issues with my (i7) SY NUC (I have it connected to a 40" Samsung 4K UHD TV at 4K@60Hz using mDP-to-HDMI adapter), but, then again, I haven't run it against any content except the 4K samples in YouTube. Can you point me to a sample file that I can download to check if I can replicate this?

...S

MLuna
Beginner

Ok, I have found the micro stuttering is not in all video files but in 1080p at 60Hz mostly.

Found my behaviour in this thread too: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=258088&page=6 https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=258088&page=6

I'm going to try with a live linux distro to check if i still get the issue.

MLuna
Beginner

Ok, issue found! I was playing a 24p video on a 60Hz TV so i got stuttering. With plex/kodi I can force tv refresh rate the same of the video file so i got the tv setup at 1080/24p and the movie ran like butter

The only trouble is win10 or iris driver don't handle very well this display change so beeing in full screen when display changes rate I get black screen (audio only). I need to do ctrl+alt+canc and esc to back to the application and now I can see the video.