Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

can I slow down the cpu

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

You'll have to explain yourself a lot better than that. What NUC? With what storage and memory added? Why do you need to do this?

Highlighted
Beginner

Thanks for responding.

NUC is 7i7bnh; Storage TS512GMTS400 (512.11 GB); Memory 32 GB

Machine overheats and crashes 4 or 5 times / day.

The crashes occur when doing normal work, and also when I view youtube videos, stream TV and movies.

Temperatures are currently:

Value   Min   Max

Package   98C   77   100

Core 0      85C   77   99

Core 1      80C   76   100

I want to try slowing it down to see if temperature falls and crashes stop.

Do you have any experience with solving heat problems?

Stephen Mehl

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

You need to do two things,

1. In BIOS Setup (Visual BIOS), navigate to Advanced / Power. In the left-hand (Primary Power Settings) window, uncheck Max Performance Enabled and then check Balanced Enabled.
  2. In Windows, from the Power Options applet (navigate to Control Panel / All Control Panel Items / Power Options), select the Balanced power plan.

Does this resolve your issues?

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello smehl, Were you able to check the information posted on this thread? Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hello Scott and Wanner --

Thanks for responding.

Those settings were what I found when going to Visual BIOS and Windows Power Options

Stephen

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello smehl, Thank you for your response. Since your unit is constantly crashing,we would like to gather the following information: 1. Are you running the latest BIOS? 2. What is the memory part number? 3. If getting Blue Screens, please attach a screenshot of the error you are receiving. 4. Please run the Intel® System Support Utility and attach the report to this thread. 1.Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91... 2.Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View. 3.To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer. In this scenario, we recommend loading default settings in BIOS. 1. Press F2 during boot to enter BIOS Setup. 2. Press F9 to set defaults. 3. Press F10 to save and exit BIOS. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello smehl, Were you able to review the steps provided on this thread? Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello smehl, If you have any further questions, we will be glad to help you. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos