Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
Announcements
Do you have improvements you would like us to make on this community site? If so, we would love to hear your feedback! Click here for an 8 question survey. Thanks!

11314 Discussions

dh55tc board won't post with 4gb ram

idata
Community Manager

Had a new pc built with the dh55tc board and i3 530 cpu and 2[2gb] mushkin ram. on first startup and several more it would shutdown and restart over and over. ram was in the black slots so switched them to the blue[0] slots and same thing. pulled 1 stick out and it runs good--same for both. installed win7 pro 64 and updated drivers. tried many times yesterday[3-19-10] to update bios to 0028[box shows 0027 on post] using the express method or .exe file but it still shows 0027 bios.....says the flash went okay when done......today the intel site d/l will not load--are they down for maint? i want to be able to use all 4gb of ram. will the bios update fix this or should I change ram brand--have 3/4 days for RMA left so i need to move on this -----any help would be appreciated...

0 Kudos
8 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Try using the flash drive method to update your bios. Or you may try the recovery method again using the flash drive. The download center is out of service right now but it should be back soon.

idata
Community Manager

thanks for the suggestions but got the bios updated to 0028 with the .iso method and tried the 4gb of ram but no go--s/d again..this is mushkin ram and was not on the intel tested list--so is a different brand the way to go now ?

idata
Community Manager

Since the ram is not in the Intel list the next probable move that you will do is to set the ram setting in the bios manually. Be aware of the caution put forth by Intel with regards to voltage. Go to the manufacturer's website and obtain the ram CAS latency rating and voltage. Set the bios to the manufacturer's CAS rating. For the voltage don't exceed Intel's caution voltage.

idata
Community Manager

the mushkin ram calls for 9-9-9-24 and 1.5v---thats what the bios shows on the board[no way to adjust it] but all settings seem to be right and should work--but it will shut down with the 2nd stick every time no matter what slot it's in......?

idata
Community Manager

Well we don't have any option now except to have the ram replaced. Or could there be other problem causing it?

idata
Community Manager

Yes I sent it back for RMA or exchange with a kingston set-should be back Fri--just hope this is the problem and the set coming is on the intel tested list..I checked and searched all that I could---really dont want to swap motherboards.....

idata
Community Manager

I don't know if you have read/message/87592# 87592 this. It is similar to your problem.

idata
Community Manager

just got the kingston ram this pm--was expecting it last thur but.........box has been running for an hour now and is acting fine so far. will be a bit more observant next time hopefully--this was a combo offered by the vendor but they say in fine print that "components may not be compatible" so have a few more things to install and checkout--will report back if any more problems---thanks to boyet for the help...