Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
Announcements
The Intel sign-in experience is changing in February to support enhanced security controls. If you sign in, click here for more information.
12543 Discussions

disinstall bluetooth card

arin70
Beginner

I own a NUC 10I7FNH2. I use a Panasonic soundbar as audio device via BT. Unfortunately, the BT doesn't work fine: passing from a piece of music to another I always heard a crackle (the same NUC with another BT soundbar hasn't such a problem, as well as the Panasonic soundbar connected to another source). So, I tried to use a usb BT card after installing its driver, but I noticed that it's always the internal BT card that works.

So, I've tried to uninstall it (Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R)) from win10 device manager but magically it is recreated every time just after the uninstallation!

So I ask: how can I uninstall the BT card so to have my other BT card working? Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
BHarr8
Valued Contributor I

Don't use the uninstall option on the internal BT device, use the disable option.

arin70
Beginner

Thank you. If I disable the on board BT card, that I am able to make the usb BT dongle working.

But the soundbar continues to crakle.

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Before resorting to the external device, I recommend that you upgrade to (or reinstall) the latest drivers available, but this time using a clean install process. Here is my version of the clean install process: 

1. If you haven't already, download - but do not install just yet - the latest Bluetooth and Wireless driver packages for your adapter. Here are the current links for downloading these drivers: Wireless: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19351 and Bluetooth: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18649
  2. Very important (don't skip!): Disable Internet access. Unplug Ethernet cable and/or disable wireless. Keep disabled until told to re-enable.
  3. From the Apps & Features applet, check for instances of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and Intel Wireless Bluetooth. If none, skip to Step 6.
  4. Uninstall each instance of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and/or Intel Wireless Bluetooth that is present. When prompted, choose to "Discard Settings".
  5. Manually reboot your computer, keeping Internet access disabled throughout.
  6. From the Device Manager applet, check the Network Adapters section for an entry for Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 and check the Bluetooth section for an entry for Intel Wireless Bluetooth that has an intel driver associated with it. If neither is the case, go to Step 10.
  7. Right click on the entry for Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 and uninstall it, choosing to (checkmark) Delete the driver software for this device.
  8. Right click on the entry for Intel Wireless Bluetooth and open its properties. If it has an Intel driver associated with it, then uninstall it, choosing to (checkmark) Delete the driver software for this device.
  9. Go to Step 5.
  10. (Optional but recommended) Clean out all temporary files using the Windows Clean Disk tool. Ensure you have enabled cleaning of System Files. I recommend that you then checkmark all categories offered, even if no files currently in this category (so it leaves it set up for next invocation).
  11. (Optional but recommended) Clear each of your browsers' cache.
  12. Install the downloaded Bluetooth driver package (my rule: always install Bluetooth first).
  13. Install the downloaded Wireless driver package.
  14. Manually shutdown and reboot your computer.
  15. Reenable Internet access. Restore Ethernet cable and/or reenable wireless.
  16. Test.

Hope this helps,

...S

arin70
Beginner

I followed your suggested procedure even if step 7 is not successful because the device is recreated every time I reboot the nuc.

But the soundbar continue to crackle.

I've tried it with another pc and it doesn't crackle.

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Go into Device Manager and disable the Bluetooth device. You can also disable it from within BIOS Setup.

...S

arin70
Beginner

Step 7 refers to Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201, not to the bluetooth device. It's Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 than I am not able to uninstall.

BHarr8
Valued Contributor I

FYI, there are 22.170, 22.180, 22.190 and 22.200 drivers for this device.

Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® for Windows® 10 and Windows 11*

^170 to 190 are here.

For reasons I won't ever understand, Windows Catalog of updates have the newest drivers from Intel before Intel hosts them themselves. The links for the 200 drivers are here:

Station-Drivers - Intel PROSET/Wireless Bluetooth software Version 22.xxx WHQL - Forum

I'm using the 22.200 drives on 5 different devices without issue. Maybe one of these newer builds will solve your issue.