Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MRomá
Beginner

eGPU Aorus GTX 1070 GAMING BOX not work

Hi, I have an Intel NUC7i7BNH. I have purchased to improve the graphics an eGPU specifically the Aorus GTX 1070 GAMING BOX. But I can not get it to work, when I installed the Nvidia driver, it appears "The NVIDIA installer can not continue - This graphics driver could not find compatible graphic hardware". What can I do? I have spent a lot of money on this extension and at the moment it does not help me at all. Thanks and regards.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello miarosan

Thank you for joining the community.

I see that you are having problems with the installation of the drivers for your gaming box, have you to verify with the manufacturer for the process of installation and the comparability?

Let me share with you the list of tested peripherals for the Intel® NUC Kit NUC7i7BNH

http://compatibleproducts.intel.com/ProductDetails/ExportPeripheralInfo?moduleName=Intel%C2%AE%20NUC... http://compatibleproducts.intel.com/ProductDetails/ExportPeripheralInfo?moduleName=Intel%C2%AE%20NUC...

Regards,

Leonardo C.

idata
Community Manager

Hello miarosan

I was checking your case and would like to know if you review the information, please do not hesitate in replying back if you need further assistance

Regards,

Leonardo C.

DMura
Beginner

This thread is a little old but, I had the same issue. You need to make sure you have the thunderbolt 3 driver installed so your PC can detect the external hardware. Then the Nvidia driver installation will work as expected.

DMura
Beginner

Might as well add another wonderful problem you will encounter. I dont its possible to disable the onboard intel graphics card. When trying to run games in full screen I noticed a lot of issues with GTX card and i think its because the systems detects two displays. Even if you dont have a monitor pluged into your onboard graphics card, it thinks its there.. You will have to run windowed borderless games, otherwise the GTX will give you a black screen.