Take a look in products validated by Intel (see the the Thunderbolt and USB C devices category) http://compatibleproducts.intel.com/ProductDetails?activeModule=Intel%C2%AE%20NUC# Four product tested and three validated as compatible.
- Yes, you are right, only one from the listed enclosures (Aorus GTX 1070/GTX1080), includes GIGABYTE Geforce GTX 1070 MINI ITX Graphics card GV-N1070IXOC-8GD.
- The other two: Akitio Node and PowerColor Devil Box , are enclosures only (you need to install Graphics Card in this enlosures)
- In the Akitio Node, you may install one of the listed compatible Graphics Card: https://www.akitio.com/information-center/node-gpu-compatibility#gpu (this was tested by Akitio and not by Intel).
- The PowerColor Devil Box is also certified to work with AMD and NVIDIA Graphics Card.
- I don't have idea how to solve it, neither. You should ask NVIDIA what this error code indicates.
- You may try to install the latest Radeon Driver version 19.9.2. I'm using this driver and it is working well. However I don't know if this may help in this eGPU problem: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-19-9-2.