Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcr00
Beginner

graphic card crashing

hi so i have a haces canyon hvk 32 ram hyperx and 2 960 evo 500gb attached to a 2560x1080 monitor via hdmi

so the thing is when i play overwatch everything was fine until i got a crash it said “your graphic driver stopped working” but yesterday these happened like everytime cant even play a match without getting this error, it starts first as a lag and if i check task manager i can see cpu at 60% and gpu 50% but when the lag happens the gpu reaches a peak and when it totally crashes reaches 100 and it doesn’t stop until it completely crashes and i have to reboot my unit cause even the display won’t show a thing, even if it does i have to wait a bit til the driver setting thing restarts again it’s like the whole graphic card crashes, it’s really weird it’s like my gpu is unstable i’ve had this issue as a lag without playing but using the gpu with multiple monitors and it’s a noticeable lag like you can’t move the mouse correctly

does any of you ever had something like that?

where can i get some help from the nuc people like a chat or something so they can tell if it’s something hardware related, my nuc have like 4 months

I'm pretty sure it’s not the game i’ve tried reinstalling the display drivers (without ddu just uninstalling them) and nothing

at least i wanna run some tests to understand what’s happening but i just ran out of ideas

0 Kudos
11 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

What versions of the Intel HD Graphics​ and AMD HD Graphics driver packages do you have installed?

H​ave you thoroughly tested your memory using MemTest86+ or something similar?

...S

jcr00
Beginner

thank you for your response

25.20.15002.58 (radeon)

25.20.100.6519 (intel)

18.12.2 (radeon settings?)

haven’t done that test i don’t think is memory related but it will test it out and give you the results asap, also if you have other tests in mind tell me and i’ll do it

Wanner_G_Intel

Hello jcr00, If you are still having this issue, we would like to gather the following information: 1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report to this thread. 1.Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application in your computer. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91... 2.Open the application and click "Scan" to see system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". 3.To save your scan, click Next and click Save. 2. Are you receiving this error message if you play other games? If so, please let us know. 3. Are you running the game(s) with Radeon™ RX Vega M Graphics or Intel® HD Graphics 630? For testing purposes, try running the game(s) with Radeon™ RX Vega M Graphics. Please follow these steps: 1. Right click on your desktop and select Radeon™ RX Vega M Settings. 2. Click on Gaming. 3. Click on the "Add" tab located in the upper-right corner of the user interface. 4. Click on "Browse", then locate the game(s). 5. Once the game or application has been added, click on the 3 dots next to it and click on Launch. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
jcr00
Beginner

here i attach the scan, couldn't do the mem test thing, i uninstalled both drivers, but the basic kept installed, tried to uninstall it and then the others, in different order, the issue persist, other games like payday 2 are fine

tried overwatch through rx vega settings, i think it was a bit slow, few seconds later it crashed and the game attempted to report that issue to blizzard (never happened before, but i think it's because i launched it through the settings and not through battle net as i usually do), tried to relaunch the game again but the rx vega settings where buggy, had to relaunch the whole thing, took its time and that's all i've done

i'm still thinking it's something related with the graphics card, it's all stable then suddenly it peaks and it crashes

hope you can help me, couldn't reply before but now i'm free to run the tests needed

Annotation 2019-06-08 003949.png

Wanner_G_Intel

Hello jcr00, Were you able to check your memory or run the game with Radeon™ RX Vega M Graphics? If the issue persists, try performing a clean installation of the following drivers for your Intel® NUC system. A. Uninstall the Radeon™ RX Vega M Graphics driver 1. In the Control Panel select Programs and Features. 2. Select AMD Software and then click Uninstall. 3. Click Yes when prompted, "Are you sure you want to uninstall the AMD driver?" 4. The uninstall process will begin removing drivers and software components. Note: The screen may go black intermittently during the uninstall process and may last for up to 10 minutes. 5. Once the uninstall finishes, the software should provide options to Restart Now or Close. Select Restart Now to complete the uninstall process. Note: A system restart is required to complete the uninstallation process. Before restarting please save and exit out of any open applications. 2. Uninstall the Intel® HD Graphics Driver 1. Download the driver for the NUC and save it on your system. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28599/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-64-bit-for-I... 2. Disconnect the unit from the Internet. 3. Uninstall any existing DCH Graphics driver via Start > Settings > Apps & Features. 4. Uninstall the (DCH) Intel® Graphics Control Panel via Start > Settings > Apps & Features. 5. Restart the computer. 6. In Device Manager > Right-click on "Intel® HD Graphics". If "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" is already listed skip to step#10. 7. Select "Uninstall device". 8. Enable the option "Delete the driver software for this device" and click "Uninstall". 9. Restart the computer. This should delete any non-DCH driver stored on Windows driver repository. Repeat steps #6 through #9 until "Intel® HD Graphics" changes to "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter") 10. Install the DCH driver downloaded in step #1 and the Radeon™ RX Vega M Graphics driver. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28600/Radeon-RX-Vega-M-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-64-b... 11. Restart the computer. 12. Reconnect to the Internet. Please let us know if the issue continues to happen. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello jcr00, If you need further assistance, please contact us back. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello jcr00,

Thank you for your response.

Please try the recommended settings for Overwatch available at gameplay.intel.com

Recommended Settings - Overwatch

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

jcr00
Beginner

ok i’ll try that but what’s the issue, is that the correct behavior for this game being maybe too much for the gpu?

edit: those setting are epic and i’m currently using the high profile which is lower (high-ultra-epic)

Wanner_G_Intel

Hello jcr00,

This unit is designed for high-end gaming. Before jumping into conclusions, we would like to test different settings to see if the issue persists.

Wanner G.

Wanner_G_Intel

Hello jcr00,

Were you able to try the recommended settings for the game?

Wanner G.

Wanner_G_Intel

Hello jcr00,

If the issue persists, we also recommend you to contact the game developer to check if this is a known issue with the game or if the game requires a specific driver version to function properly.

if you have further questions, please contact us back.

Wanner G.