i had to reboot my windows os and all the software that was installed on my pc was removed including audio software that came with the audio drivers and i need it as its the only way to use my headset and use the mic with it , but on intel driver and support assistant it stated that everything was updated so there was nothing to install so uninstalled intel 10.27.0.6 display audio drivers so i could reinstall them but when i went on intel driver and support assistant it was completely gone with no option to download them and i cant find the drivers to manualy download so now im only getting audio from my mointor and not my headset or my speakers.
any help would be great
- Download and install the Intel DCH Graphics Drover ver. 18.104.22.16829. The Audio Driver is part of this package: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29231/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-64-bit-for-NUC8i7HNK-NUC8i7HVK?product=126143
- You should also install the AMD Radeon Graphics driver: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28600?v=t . In the Intel Download Center you will find quite old version of this driver (18.12.2 ) and I recommend you to install newer version, 19.12.1 which I'm using: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-19-12-1
- In addition, in order to get audio from 3.5 mm jack you need to install Realtek Audio Driver https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28092/Realtek-High-Definition-Audio-Driver-for-Windows-Server-2016-for-NUC8i7HNK-NUC8i7HVK?product=126143
- All drivers for your NUC, you may download here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/126143/Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC8i7HVK . In order to have Windows to install the correct for your nUC drivers, you should install the Chipset Driver https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28217/Intel-Chipset-Device-Software-for-NUC8i7HNK-NUC8i7HVK?product=126143 and the Management Engine Driver https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28215/Intel-Management-Engine-Consumer-Driver-for-Windows-10-64-bit-for-Intel-NUC?product=126143
thanks ive installed these drivers but didn't receive the audio software with it, annoyingly I cant remember the name of it but It let me select what had been inserted into the audio jack at the front of the nuc with options of headphone, microphone and headset. without this software when I insert my headset into the jack it only registers the audio not the microphone as well .
- In order to use the analog audio in front jack, you need to install the Realtek Audio Driver (see para. 3 in my post above).
- Your headphone plug should be as shown on Fig. 3, page 25 in Technical Product Specification https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/mini-pcs/nuc-kits/NUC8i7HVK_TechProdSpec.pdf
- In order to have control on your audio input and output, Open Window settings System > Audio. Here you have all possibilities to control your input and output device. No other software is needed.