Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

how the company Intel officially define the size of a Gigabyte (GB) of their SSDs

Jump to solution

Dears

I can not find any information about the question

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User

GB = Gigabyte (1,073,741,824 bytes) is conversion of GB to Byte on binary base (i.e.1024 to the power of 3). However, Im not sure if you may calculate this way a size of usable space on Intel SSD. For example I've have 1 TB Intel 760 series SSD installed in my computer. In Intel Specification Data the capacity is defined as 1.024TB. This is the total physical capacity of this drive. The total usable capacity of this drive is only 952.62GB, since part of the capacity is used for NAND flash management and for the maintenance purposes.

Leon

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

GB = Gigabyte (1,073,741,824 bytes)

Doc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner
DearThank you so much
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

GB = Gigabyte (1,073,741,824 bytes) is conversion of GB to Byte on binary base (i.e.1024 to the power of 3). However, Im not sure if you may calculate this way a size of usable space on Intel SSD. For example I've have 1 TB Intel 760 series SSD installed in my computer. In Intel Specification Data the capacity is defined as 1.024TB. This is the total physical capacity of this drive. The total usable capacity of this drive is only 952.62GB, since part of the capacity is used for NAND flash management and for the maintenance purposes.

Leon

View solution in original post

0 Kudos