Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
Announcements
Do you have improvements you would like us to make on this community site? If so, we would love to hear your feedback! Click here for an 8 question survey. Thanks!

11299 Discussions

i need to get an OLD copy of a bios.

newdietslurm
Beginner

i updated the bios on this NUC and i need to get an old version of the bios.

this new version of the bios is preventing me from kickstarting.  (i have an older machine that continues to work with the current kickstart environment.  that is, it's not the kickstart machine.  the only change has been the bios.)  so i want to get a prior version of the bios.

however, i cannot find a place to do that.  am i overlooking it?  send me a url?

thx.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

"i updated the bios on this NUC and i need to get an old version of the bios."  which NUC?

Leon

newdietslurm
Beginner

Hmmm.  Well, it says NUC7JY, but that doesn't seem familiar at all, so I'm starting to wonder whether I messed up something else.  But (1) that's certainly the model number on the bottom, and (2) that's certainly the box I updated, and (3) that's certainly the box that won't play nice.  So why it seems unfamiliar I dunno.  I was kind of expecting that all the old BIOS stuff would be in one place and I could look around, but, whatever.

Anyway, thanks for responding.  I tossed out all the notes once the new BIOS booted -- oops.

LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @newdietslurm 

1. You may have NUC7CJYH or, NUC7PJYH or, NUC7CJYS. 

2. The latest BIOS version 0055 you may download from this page.   The previous version 0054 download from this page.

Leon

newdietslurm
Beginner

hmmm.  Well, attempted all of that, but no joy.  I must have some other problem.  Thanks for your help.

newdietslurm
Beginner

These pages do give me the present and previous BIOS downloads.

LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @newdietslurm 

Sorry, I can't understand - do you need more help? I understood that you ask for previous BIOS. Are you?

Leon

newdietslurm
Beginner

yeah, i got the old bios.  thanks.