Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TRodr21
Beginner

intel NUC8i7HVK poor bluetooth with xbox remote

Hi I recently just bought the haydes canyon NUC and I got it all set up for gaming and finally connected my Xbox remote for the first time only to discover the bluetooth cpnnection between NUC and Xbox remote is absolutely horrible, im talking I would have to have the remote pretty much right on top of the NUC and positioned at a certain angle for it to even work which is definitely not gonna work for gaming. so my question is is this normal? for being a nuc aimed for gaming I believe that connection shouldnt be so horrible so am i missing some sort of setting or something? everything is factory set normal i havent done anything to settings and all my drivers are up to date. is there anything else anybody knows i can try or is this just a flaw with this system?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

1. Is your Windows updated? What is the version of Windows on your NUC?
  2. Is BIOS updated ? Are the latest drivers installed? You will find all latest downloads here.
  3. Or please install Intel Driver & Support Assistant and use it to update drivers and BIOS.

Leon

TRodr21
Beginner

My windows is fully updated so its windows version 10.0.18363 build 18363 ive used the update assistant fully and everything is up to date and my bios version is HNKBLi70.86A.0059.2019.1112.1124, 11/12/2019 SMVersion 3.1 so everything again is up to date . any ideas?

LeonWaksman
Super User

1. Do you have an other bluetooth device to check how it works? For example headset or speaker? Try to connect your mobile phone with bluetooth and check in what distance the connection hold on.
  2. Your WiFi adapter can work with 2.4GHz or 5GHz frequency. Check how WiFi 2.4 GHz works, since the same radio is used for bluetooth.
  3. If there are problems with 2.4 GHz radio, check if the antenna is firmly connected to the connector marked 1 (AUX) on the WiFi adapter. Check that the antenna cable is not broken.

Leon