Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

is Intel RST 17.8.0.1065 driver compatible with nuc 6i5syh?

looking for updated drivers for my NUC 6i5SYH system (win10) I was surprised to see an Intel RST driver with version 17.x available.

System has version 15.9.8.1050 installed. My understanding was that every version of this driver with version greater than 15.x was not compatible with a skylake system. And according to the release notes provided here this might still be the case, because I don't see any 6th gen. Core cpu or any of the QM/HM170 chipsets listed as a supported platform.

Does this driver really support the older systems? If yes, how should I install this driver, using the floppy zip archive or should I download the SetupRST.exe driver from this page ?

here is the list of supported platforms listed in the readme file

************************************************************************** * 1. SUPPORTED PLATFORMS/CHIPSETS ************************************************************************** This Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology Release is designed to provide functionality for the following Storage Controllers:   - Intel(R) 8th Generation Core Processor Family Platform I/O SATA AHCI/RAID Controller Mobile Low Power (LP) - Premium-U - Base-U   - Intel® 300/240 Series Chipset Family: Desktop, High End Desktop (HEDT), Workstation (WS) - Intel® H310 Chipset - Intel® H370 Chipset - Intel® Z390 Chipset - Intel® Q370 Chipset - Intel® B365 Chipset - Intel® B360 Chipset - Intel® X399 Chipset (HEDT) - Intel® C246 Chipset(WS) Mobile Halo - Intel® QM370 Chipset - Intel® HM370 Chipset - Intel® CM246 Chipset   - Intel(R) 200 Series (with X299/Z370) Chipset Family SATA AHCI/RAID Controller - Intel® Z370 Chipset   - Intel(R) 8th Generation Core Processor Family Platform I/O SATA AHCI/RAID Controller - Base-U - Premium-U - Premium-Y   - Intel(R) 200 Series (with X299) Chipset Family SATA AHCI/RAID Controller - Intel® Z270 Chipset - Intel® Q250 Chipset - Intel® Q270 Chipset - Intel® B250 Chipset - Intel® X299 Chipset (HEDT) - Intel® H270 Chipset - Intel® X299 Chipset (HEDT)   - Intel(R) 7th Generation Core Processor Family Platform I/O SATA AHCI/RAID Controller - Base-U - Premium-U - Premium-Y   - Intel(R) 100 Series/C230 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI/RAID Controller - Intel® QM175 Chipset - Intel® HM175 Chipset - Intel® CM238 Chipset ************************************************************************** * 2. SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS **************************************************************************

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Hello itsme,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

The latest version validated on this Intel® NUC Kit NUC6i5SYH is 17.8.0.1065 the driver works for Intel® 100 Series chipsets (HM, QM).

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29350/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-Floppy-Driv...

You can download the SetupRST.exe file that you suggested from the following link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29339/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-User-Interf...

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Adrian M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello itsme,

Were you able to check the previous post? 

Let me know if you need more assistance

Regards,

Adrian M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

thank you.

0 Kudos