Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

is my NUC D33217CK dead or can still save it?

My NUC D33217 stopped to output video to hdmi. I checked hdmi connector and screen on another computer and it works fine.

The caps lock LED of my usb keyboard also does not light when it should. I checked on another computer not a keyboard problem.

When connecting the mouse, its LEDs are on.

I tried the jumper settings in normal, configuration or recovery mode. I didn't change anything. (If I understood weel if something goes wrong I should here something when POST run)

I tried to boot without SSD and without ram. No chance at all. Still no video.

I forgot to mention the power LED seems OK. Continuous blue colour but I don't even see any splash screen at anytime during boot.

Is there any chance the battery may be the reason of problem and subsuting it may solve problem?

Is there any chance it is not dead? What could I try ?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

Re: is my NUC D33217CK dead or can still save it?

Have you tried to do a jumper-based BIOS Recovery? Instructions are here: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/000005532.html?wapkw=bios+recovery Intel NUC BIOS Recovery Update Instructions.

When you power on without DRAM installed, does the Power Button LED flash to indicate that memory not present? If not, then the board has failed.

Do you have a mDP-to-HDMI adapter to check whether the alternate graphics output is working?

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I already tried the jumper-based BIOS Recovery but probably could not make it run truly as keyboard seems not to be activated or recognized and no dis play was available.

When powered on without Dram, the Power Button LED doe not flash.

I didn't know anything about mDP-to-HDMI adapter and don't have one. I don't if it will worth trying.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

That's a mini-DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter. There are a number available cheaply through Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B013G4EEVW Amazon.com: CableCreation 4K Mini Displayport (Thunderbolt Port Compatible) to HDMI AV HDTV Male to Female Adapter for M…

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos