Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

keyboard not working after removing the security jumper.

Hi,

Why is my keyboard not working after removing the security jumper?

I'm trying to clear the TPM chip.

Thanks in advance,

Jérôme

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

Hello Jérôme,

1. Did you powered On your NUC with the security jumper removed?

2. Are you seeing now the Configuration Menu and the keyboard is not responding?

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hello Leon,

i did power On my NUC with the security jumper removed.

I see the ConfigurationMenu but the keyboard is not responding.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

Hello Jérôme,

From this thread I don't know what is your hardware configuration, but from the other thread you have posted, I saw that you are deploying some 50 NUCs, so, probably you know what you are doing and there is some problem is specific NUC. Any way I'll try to give you some idea, that may be helpful.

1. Are you using wireless keyboard? If yes, try to insert the receiver in other USB slot.

2. Is this keyboard functional in other computer?

3. If you are using wireless keyboard, can you try a wired keyboard?

4. Try to recover your Bios using Security Jumper removed method (i.e. boot your computer with security jumper removed and with USB stick formatted to FAT32 and bios file *.bio). The recovery shall start automatically without user intervention.

5. Can you install Windows?

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hello Leon,

You are right about the other thread. I opened this thread because i want to clear the TPM by removing the Security Jumper, wich is now impossible because the keyboard isn't working.

Other keyboards from other vendors aren't working either.

The keyboard itself is working perfectly in other computer.

I tried earlier to recover the bios with the same method you described.

Deploying the OS is no problem at all, except enabling Bitlocker.

Jerome

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

Hello Jerome,

If you can deploy Windows, try to boot into Advanced Menu. From Advanced Menu you can boot into UEFI BIOS. In bios you can reset the bios to default settings. This may be will fix the keyboard problem.

The quastion is if the keyboard is functionable in Windows or during Windows installation?

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Leon,

Due other projects i couldn't respond earlier.

I tried a lot of different keyboard. (logitech and Microsoft). they all just work fine in Windows.

The keyboard also works in UEFI Bios and POST-screen.

It only doesn't work in the Bios Recovery en security jumper menu.

The LED of Num and capslock also stay off.

It looks like USB isn't powered during this kind of menus.

The main reason why i would like to use the Security jumper menu is to clear TPM

Some NUCs have issues with enabling Bitlocker,

Jerome

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello, jerome .poeze.

In order for me to assist you better, please provide me with the .txt file that the Shttp://https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- ystem Support Utility will generate. To attach a file, you must click the "Attach" option on the bottom right-hand corner of the response box.

Additionally, I would like to know if the keyboards tested are wired, wireless or Bluetooth?

Antony S.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello, jerome .poeze.

I would like to know if you still need assistance. If so, please do not hesitate to reply to this thread with the information requested above.

Antony S.
0 Kudos