Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

my intel nuc has no hdmi display

Hi. My intel nuc dc3217iye (yes, its an old version) shows no display and it says "no signal". It has 8gb of ram and its os is windows 10 64 bit. It worked perfectly before. I tried different monitors and still no HDMI output. I've tried methods on intel's website on how to fix it, but none worked. does anyone have a solution to this? the power led only blinks on for a short period of time when the nuc turns on. I measured the voltage of the power supply, and I can see that the psu is working and delivering power to the unit. If someone has a solution, it would be great. Cheers! 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

1. You provided absolutely no information:

2. What is the NUC model?

3. What was working before this failure?

4. If the answer for 3 is yes, what was the event that proceeded/caused  this failure?

5. If this is a new NUC that didn't worked yet, describe the hardware configuration (i.e. drive, memory P/N)

6. What is the O.S. installed (if any)?

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Oh, sorry about that. My nuc model is dc3217iye. Yes it did work before the failure, I am not sure what caused this fail. The os is windows 10, 64 bit. The ram is 8gb.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

I hate to say it, but there have been reports of this unit failing the exact same way. Unfortunately, the failure was at the hardware level and nonrecoverable.

Reality bites,

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

1. Try to power ON this unit with minimum hardware configuration:

2. Remove the drives and memory - you should see three Power LED blinking. If you see it continue to para.3. If you don't see it, this is probably hardware failure.

3. Install the RAM module. Install the Bios Setup Configuration Jumper (see page 46, Technical Product Specification) between pins 2-3 (Normal position is between pins 1-2). Power ON your NUC, it should boot into Maintenance Menu. Press F9 to restore defaults.

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

alright il try it

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello Riley400,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community Forums.

Due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, I am glad to see that fellow community members have the knowledge and they jumped in and helped. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request. Thank you for understanding. 

  

Best regards, 

Maria R. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos