Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paolosnz
Beginner

nuc no start after buios update by windows update

today I installed windows 10 pro on nuc8i3bek, the updates started and I let it do, when I looked at the monitor there was the bios screen that was doing the update ... is it possible ???
then black screen and no longer left !! the power button lights up, the fan turns but nothing appears on the screen, always all black!
I have done the procedures of:
Power Button Menu Update
BIOS Recovery by Security Jumper
without success!
pressing the buttons on the keyboard has no effect!
what can I do?
thanks!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

From your post I can understand that you performed BIOS Recovery (both methods) but it didn't help. However, I believe that want to say that you tried to recover BIOS, but the recovery wasn't performed? Am I right?

There is no possibility that the BIOS was updated during or as a result of Windows update. Windows update and BIOS update are two different independent processes.

You may try to operate your NUC with a minimum hardware configuration: remove the SSD and one of the SO DIMMs (you may try one SO DIMM at time in each slot). Check if in this configuration you may see the Intel NUC logo and if you can boot into BIOS.

You may try to power ON your NUC without memory and you should see three blinks on power LED, indicating memory failure.

You may try to leave your NUC disconnected from the Power Adapter over night.

Leon

paolosnz
Beginner

I started the nuc without ram and without ssd and  i see three blinks on power LED

i tried with one ram slot at a time with no success

I left it without power for 2 hours and nothing has changed, Do I have to try all night?

paolosnz
Beginner

even disconnecting the power all night and turning it back on didn't work ... any other ideas?

LeonWaksman
Super User

I understand that you don't see any video output - even you don't see the Intel NUC logo? Please confirm.

Are you connected to TV set or to PC Monitor?

If you are connected to TV, can you try PC Monitor?

Can you replace the HDMI cable or may be try the other video output (USB C)?

Leon

paolosnz
Beginner

completely off no logo nothing at all, I have always used a pc monitor, the cable works, I changed it and tried it. I also used the type-c output but that doesn't work either

LeonWaksman
Super User

In this case, your NUC is bricked. You may ask to replace it since it is covered by three years of international warranty. You may open the ticked and request RMA on this page.

One thing more you may do before requesting the RMA, is to disconnect the CMOS battery connector and reconnect it after 15 minutes. The CMOS battery and its connector are located on the motherboard upper  (invisible) side. Therefor the board need to be removed. You should have technical skill to do this and this tutorial may help you.

Leon

paolosnz
Beginner

tried this too ... nothing ... wasted time

Paolo