Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

nuc10i3fnh very slow boot

Hi I have been building nucs for several year now for general business  customers, from  5 6 7 8 and 10 series nucs i3 and i5 models usually fit them with 8gb ram and a samsung evo 250gb sata SSD, this has always been a successful formula with boot times under 20 seconds in most cases.   the latest nuc10i3fnh  units have been having some very slow boot times  (2 or 3  minutes or more) once customers start plugging other usb peripherals like printer and external usb drives etc into them, have updated the bioses but continue to find this very frustrating.  has anyone else encountered this or does anyone know of a fix.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted

Rjohn48, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

How many Intel® NUCs are affected by this same problem?

Was it working fine before?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

When there are no USB peripherals, does it boot correctly, faster?

Which Windows* version are you using?

How are you installing Windows*, is it from a Windows* ISO, the disc, or using a Microsoft tool? Please explain.

Even though you mentioned "have updated the bioses", we can always try a BIOS recovery to the latest version which is 0046 following the instructions in the links below, please try the "Power Button Menu" first, if it does not work then try the "Security Jumper" option:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000033291/intel-nuc.html

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29924/BIOS-Update-FNCML357-?product=195506

I looked in the list of Compatible products for the Intel® NUC 10 Performance kit - NUC10i3FNH, and the Samsung Evo 250GB Sata is not listed there, that does not mean it is not compatible is just that haven't been tested by Intel®. For testing purposes, do you have the option to use another SSD? Just to rule out a possible problem with the device itself.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor III

Are you installing the complete drivers pack from downloadcenter.intel.com?

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/195506/Intel-NUC-10-Performance-kit-NUC10i3FNH

or are you letting Windows Update install drivers when first connected to the internet?

I have seen issues where the drivers installed from Windows Update first are for older Windows releases and can cause issues with newer Windows versions. Best thing to do is NOT connect to the internet when installing Windows and then install all drivers first from the pack downloaded from DLC before connecting to the internet for the first time. This allows Windows Update to only update newer drivers when checked.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

this nuc has also developed freezing problems after sleep and is excessively slow even once running  after boot i am returning it the the supplier for testing

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello Rjohn48, Thank you very much for sharing those details.

We are sorry to hear that the Intel® NUC is now freezing as well, once you get the chance, please let us know the results from the supplier so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello Rjohn48, I just wanted to check if you received any updates from the suplier and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos