cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

nuc6cayh to qhd monitor?

Hello,

I have NUC6cayh with VGA and HDMI outputs. I wonder if I can connect a QHD monitor via hdmi?

In particular, I am considering to buy a https://dell.to/2z0XXmK Dell UP2516D monitor which has QHD resolution (2560x1440 at 60Hz), and it has two Hdmi inputs. From what I read in some internet articles, I may have troubles since NUC only support single-link hdmi, while I may need a dual link cable for high resolutions.

On the other hand, as I checked specifications of NUC6CAYH, it has an Intel HD 500 graphics, and it says it can support 2560x1440 resolution.

And so I am really confused: am I really limited by FHD resolution monitors with my NUC, or can I actually connect a QHD monitor with single-link hdmi cable? The last thing I really want is to invest a considerable pot of money into a monitor, only to realize I cannot use it with my PC...

regards,

Andrey

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello gorbick,

Thank you for joining this Intel Community.

Because you are planning on connecting your Intel® NUC to a monitor via HDMI*, you should not have any issues getting 2560x1440 at 60Hz. According to the Technical Product Specification, the maximum supported resolution via HDMI* is 3840 x 2160 @ 60 Hz and it is compliant with the HDMI 2.0 specification.

Intel® NUC Kit NUC6CAYH and Intel® Mini PC NUC6CAYS

DisplayIntel® NUC PortTV/Monitor PortMax Resolution1HDMIHDMI3840x2160 at 60 Hz2VGAVGA1920x1200 at 60 Hz

In addition, Dual-link / Single-link rates refers to Digital Visual Interface (DVI). As you were saying, Intel Graphics drivers for Windows only support DVI Single-link rates.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

You should have no problems. As mentioned above, 4k is well supported. I also frequently use 3440x1440 resolution and it works fine.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello gorbick,

Were you able to review the information provided above?

If you still need any assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos